Err 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

300N

May 10, 2004
North East
www.photonski.com
Hi Canon User,

Do you encounter of using ur 300D dig cam with the 550EX Flash appear Err 99 after shooting a few shots? Is there any incompatible problem with this flash? Please advice.

300N said:
Hi Canon User,

Do you encounter of using ur 300D dig cam with the 550EX Flash appear Err 99 after shooting a few shots? Is there any incompatible problem with this flash? Please advice.

what len were u using then? the only time I encounter this err is with the 70-200L 2.8 IS.. I cleaned the contact and it managed to work then it came back after a while. Do a search on the Net, most of it is incompatible with lenses

err 90 is a very general code. I encountered this once when I use my 10D with a Sigma 135-400. Sometimes can and sometimes err 99. Brought the lens to Sigma for re-chip and no more err 99. It could be the lens.

I am using 18-55mm kit lens, 70-200mm F4L and 50mm F1.8. I have try many method such as removing battery and install again but fail. Do you have any more methods to resolve this problem? When I shoot with one shot, it will appear Err 99 but did not record any shot.

300N

300N said:
I am using 18-55mm kit lens, 70-200mm F4L and 50mm F1.8. I have try many method such as removing battery and install again but fail. Do you have any more methods to resolve this problem? When I shoot with one shot, it will appear Err 99 but did not record any shot.

300N

i think you shld bring yr camera in and have canon guys check on it, I usually unscrew and screw the len back to get it working again. But that only happens when I use the 70-200L 2.8 IS

I am using the 50mm/f1.8 also but did not show this error 99 code, suggest u bring it to service centre for a check. Might be an equipment fault.

yea... send back the best... dun do things yourself otherwise ur warranty is void...

i got a err99 when i used a 3rd party batt..

Hi Jer76,

U mean a third party batt.. with get err99. Is your dig cam under warranty or not? Where do you bring it to service? What did he tell you?

300N

300N said:
Hi Jer76,

U mean a third party batt.. with get err99. Is your dig cam under warranty or not? Where do you bring it to service? What did he tell you?

300N

At first i tot it was my Sigma lens but I have been using it for very long time without problems.. its only when i used a 3rd party batt then the err99 came up.. guess its contacts are dirty coz its contact are quite dusty.. after i changed back to the orginal batt and those east gear batts then ok liao.. cam still under warranty but din send in to canon.. till now its working fine.. :)

err 99 can mean:

a) shutter failure
b) mirror raise failure
c) lens contact failure

d) any other general error.

try using lens cleaning fluid and cleaning the lens contacts (and maybe the hot shoe contacts of your flash as well)

Thanks god all is over, at last get my dig cam fixed. At the service centre, replace the shutter unit and I am glad now it is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.