Erp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesser

Dec 28, 2002
Serangoon
www.jesserswork.com.sg
Just get to know that ERP at CTE(SLE) will start at 1st August from 6pm to 8pm. those who is affected please take note.
wonder what's is the reason for such things after working hours.

might as well implement 24 hr ERP lah.. CTE is forever heavily traffic congested. Better still.. close the whole darn CTE and you wun have anymore congested CTE! :thumbsup:

i think their excuse to ease suggestion is juz a lame cover up. Might as well ban vehicles from entering....short and sweet. No need to involve $...but they always must. I keep hearing taxi drivers' "predictions of doom" and rants bout those darn gantries.

I dun see the sense of paying ERP when u are leaving the CBD area....not sure when ERP would 'invade' our neighbourhoods ....sheesh.

27056324_e534f43f36.jpg

No need to ban, just make the expressway to become tollway, and charge drivers the toll fee, similar to Malaysia, Thailand, China, USA, Europe, then no one will complaint. Its funny to drive on "expressway" in slow speed.

They just want to make more money and teh excuse is to ease traffic jams.

it is so that people will do OT and boost productivity
only after 8pm then can go home.

if you drive on ECP and AYE in the evenings you will also know that it is jammed as well. CTE is just a start ... ...

start car, leave carpark ... beep, turn on to main road ... beep,
enter experssway ... beep, exit experssway ... beep, enter carpark ...beep

anyone have the new full ERP price list......search the internet but still unable to find anything yet......what ever reason it is........i find that living in singapore are always so stressfull...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Very soon everybody must carry IVU and insert cash card even when going toilet.

ortega said:

if you drive on ECP and AYE in the evenings you will also know that it is jammed as well. CTE is just a start ... ...

Wow, didn't know this forum has auto censorship. The beeps replaced the vulgarities, like the ones on TV and radio?

Hell yeah mother *beep*ker...

espn said:
Very soon everybody must carry IVU and insert cash card even when going toilet.

Dun forget your EZlink card. No need IU.

ortega said:

yes...you are right.....CTE is just the begining, part 2 and 3 and 4...etc will be on the way also...... ;(

litefoot said:
Wow, didn't know this forum has auto censorship. The beeps replaced the vulgarities, like the ones on TV and radio?

Hell yeah mother *beep*ker...

Erm dun think he meant that f word ... it's the sound of your IU beeping ....

ortega said:

i think they might as well put a meter like the taxis that charge how much we move... in singapore owning a car is similar to renting 1 already and with this... i think i am now even worse off... its like driving a cab, den chauffering myself & family...

Maybe the future is like the movie Minority Report....everyone and anyone can be tracked as long as they have eyes or one eye......ads and tracking system everywhere scans the retina....you cannot escape...

Big brother is watching.... lol. :sweat:

i can either take CTE or PIE home from NUS to macpherson.
PIE is less jammed, but the clementi road leading to PIE is.
AYE -CTE - upp serangoon exit will be a better choice (if there's no jam).

http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=1253

LTA has tried to ease the jam, NEL to encourage pple to take public transport, extra lane at braddell, and now they've been building the payalebar expressway (which is next to my house), it runs UNDER the canal near my area, damn tough/noisy/dirty job.

Guess everyone just likes to complain, i can't wait for the ERP to start and hope it effects are good (as I don't have to pay:p), but fear the upp serangoon exit will explode with vehicles!

LTA already earning loads from road users, they just wish to allow better flowing traffic to those willing to pay. Given a 10kmh jam, the extra petrol earned might earn LTA the extra (petrol) tax = to ERP earned?

Astin said:
No need to ban, just make the expressway to become tollway, and charge drivers the toll fee, similar to Malaysia, Thailand, China, USA, Europe, then no one will complaint. Its funny to drive on "expressway" in slow speed.
What the difference between our ERP and tollway?? :dunno:

di0nysus said:
LTA has tried to ease the jam, NEL to encourage pple to take public transport, extra lane at braddell, and now they've been building the payalebar expressway
LTA already earning loads from road users, they just wish to allow better flowing traffic to those willing to pay. Given a 10kmh jam, the extra petrol earned might earn LTA the extra (petrol) tax = to ERP earned?

now, if i tell my paying clients,
'i really tried to give u beautiful pics on ur wedding,
but its stressful n u r ugly.
so i have to charge u more
without assuring anything,
in fact it will most probably be worse off.'
i will be slaughtered by them unless
i m a monopoly.

if lta is truly trying to help,
they should not raise just a bit,
pain but bearable sum of $.

it should charge $10 per entry of our expressway,
BUT, payable in pro rota to ur speed travel over the speed desinate.

eg. if i tracel at an average speed of 30km/h
over the stretch thats meant to be 90km/h,
i pay 1/3 of $10.
the slower i go, the lesser i pay.

to jesser,
thanks for this thread.
as i normally rely on CTE but i don't usually carry
the cash card(3 lost this yr),
big headache now.
got to remember night also need :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.