ERP satellite tracking is an invasion of privacy.

razor

May 3, 2003
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
LTA is requesting for proposal for satellite tracking for erp in two years time. I think such technology is creepy.

they can already triangulate your location via your mobile if they want to.

LTA is requesting for proposal for satellite tracking for erp in two years time. I think such technology is creepy.

ya.. they will know where u go.... but do u think we have a choice?

there is no way they will listen to this reason. never had, never will. suck thumb and live with it.:bsmilie:

so now .. if you need to go some place - you know where - and dont want to have record that you go there - you know where - then take taxi la, or bus even better. hahaha :p

I am rather amused by how the gov can always leverage on technology to get money from us:rolleyes:

Yes, if you want to have a choice, you can. Think.

can't we choose not to install? :dunno:

they will prob look into dist based erp too like our current public tpt. once u out from ur carpark lot, ding ding ding ding ding till you park your car! sigh.. wonders of technology

Every technology is not fool proof as a matter of fact is based on software, like the Iphone people able to break the code in no time...LOL

You are too shallow. Just think how to turn this around. What should you do if you want your voice to be heard?

Too shallow? explain what do u mean?

I learned a long time ago, i don't need my voice to be heard in terms of gov't issues.

Plus, to install or not should be my choice, afterall they can force all Malaysian vehicle to install that right?

If it is other countries like US or Hong Kong, we will see demostrations on the street already.

Just like how Hong Kong Govt dropped the idea to implement GST

http://www.tax-news.com/asp/story/story_open.asp?storyname=25671

In a surprising about turn, the Hong Kong government said yesterday that it will abandon plans for a goods and services tax in the face of widespread public hostility to the idea.
In August, thousands of demonstrators took to the streets of Hong Kong to protest against the planned tax. The pro-business Liberal Party, which organised the march, claimed that as many as 10,000 people, including local businesses operators, traders and retailers took part, although a spokesperson from the police department stated that the number was closer to 3,000.

Miriam Lau, deputy chairwoman of the Liberal Party argued at the time that: "This march indicates that a GST would seriously impact trades and businesses and they are very anxious to tell the government that they do not wish it to implement it."

After the gps tracking erp thing, next in line is calculating speed of moving vehicles and parking la. No need speed traps. Do we have to pay for a whole new transciever of sorts ?

ryan

i quote you Leonidas (but in Singapore context)... "THIS IS... SINGAPORE!!!"

suck thumb and live with it lah. the small voices are well... just too small.

Last edited:
After the gps tracking erp thing, next in line is calculating speed of moving vehicles and parking la. No need speed traps. Do we have to pay for a whole new transciever of sorts ?

ryan

of course you have to pay for it. nothing is free in singapore... a world class city.

we bend it over before, we will bend it over again nxt time. if need be can take it lying down too.

ya.. they will know where u go.... but do u think we have a choice?

scary "big brother is watching" scenario....

we bend it over before, we will bend it over again nxt time. if need be can take it lying down too.

kenna ****ed by govt so many times, all get used to it already hor

If it is other countries like US or Hong Kong, we will see demostrations on the street already.

Just like how Hong Kong Govt dropped the idea to implement GST

http://www.tax-news.com/asp/story/story_open.asp?storyname=25671

If we hit the streets like the Hong Kongers, we all go to jail in Singapore.

Last edited: