ERP $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
geezz... i didnt even know ERP cost 4.50-5.00 till i saw the today papers!
no wonder i need to top up so frequently.:(

ERP $5 @ CTE from next week, if you need to drive thru there @ that hour, what action will you take?

Gee....all along I tot ERP is something like $2.....hm...nowaday....roti up 0.20...noodle up 0.50....now ERP up by $3....my salary = no change???? :sweat:

Gee....all along I tot ERP is something like $2.....hm...nowaday....roti up 0.20...noodle up 0.50....now ERP up by $3....my salary = no change???? :sweat:

got... u never see news... salary increment for public servants...

then look at the super fine prints...

*dun envy... your time will come.... wait long long... :devil:

ERP $5 @ CTE from next week, if you need to drive thru there @ that hour, what action will you take?
You heard of "daylight robbery"? :think:

Wah! Damn! They raise it and say it's because traffic too heavy? WTF! Can't they see most of the time it's because of some bloody idiot road hogging? Can't they just bloody fine those idiots?

But remember..

There is NO profiteering or price hikes.. :think:

Or is this statement now defunct?

Wah! Damn! They raise it and say it's because traffic too heavy? WTF! Can't they see most of the time it's because of some bloody idiot road hogging? Can't they just bloody fine those idiots?

eh.

ERP helps more Singaporeans to own cars k?

THE use of Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) has made it possible for more Singaporeans to own cars.

Responding to a question for written reply in Parliament on Monday, Transport Minister Raymond Lim said this is reflected in the growth of Singapore's car population from 680,000 in 1997 to 800,000 in 2006.

Dr Fatimah Lateef, MP for Marine Parade GRC, had asked the Minister if the ERP scheme has met the objectives that it was meant to achieve and if it has improved the traffic flow on expressways especially during peak hours.

In his reply, Mr Lim said since its implementation in 1998, ERP has been effective in maintaining average travel speeds on priced roads within the optimal speed range through regular reviews and rate adjustments. For example, average speeds on the expressways have remained at above 45km/h during peak hours.

"The use of ERP to manage traffic has made it possible for more Singaporeans to own cars than we otherwise could, and our vehicle population has grown from 680,000 in 1997 to 800,000 in 2006," he added.

"It has also allowed the Government to rely more on car usage charges and less on car ownership taxes to manage traffic demand, and as a result, vehicle ownership taxes have been reduced. "

The Ministers said the government will continue with a holistic and integrated approach using all the tools available to keep the roads smooth-flowing. These include building more roads, regulating vehicle growth, implementing traffic engineering solutions, managing traffic demand through ERP and promoting the use of public transport.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest+News/Singapore/STIStory_169371.html?vgnmr=1

since when ERP helps S'poreans to own cars ? MONEY is the one that help u own a car !

:sweat:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie::bsmilie:
The Spin doctors will say anything lah. Just listen and shake your head in disbelief. I really don't understand how can someone make such statements with a straight face. The letters ERP make my blood pressure go high. :bsmilie:

how to reduce cars when the fees rise so slowly like turtle? one shot raise 5000% confirm the number of cars drop :thumbsup:

i don't use the CTE much these days
it is really slow and always jammed

when i actually use it, i always regret, sat/sun also jammed

it seems that the ERP did not achieve anything there.

how come i got a feeling that you are saying the road hoggers are in association...

just the other day, [sunday], witness an accident on CTE, was on lane 1, then suddenly 1 bugger zham brake on lane 2... cause everyone behind to zham brake and unfortunately, i hear skidding sound and crash... suay to them...

:bsmilie: 500% will already be overkill much less 5000%. no more cars on the road. :bsmilie:

no overkill how to kill? slowly slice the skin only little bit of blood, not much pain. want to do then chop! chop! chop!

do they know that every rise in cost of business (including transport cost) can potentially drive away foreign investors ? u cannot blame Malaysia, China or Middle East for taking away our talents or jobs ? everything up and up... who can take it ?

:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.