Equipments care for this few weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
It has been raining last few days. So guys and gals, please make sure your equipment is as dry as you possible can. Humidity levels have gone up and down like crazy.....I have to turn my air-con to dry up my room humidity. There goes my electricty bill......

How are the rest of the guys keeping their equipment dry this last few weeks?

Pro Image said:
It has been raining last few days. So guys and gals, please make sure your equipment is as dry as you possible can. Humidity levels have gone up and down like crazy.....I have to turn my air-con to dry up my room humidity. There goes my electricty bill......

by not shooting much, equipment kept dry :)

Pro Image said:
Wah your D2Hs can lar.....weather proof......
hmmm ... time to upgrade to a pro body ???

Cam and all my glasses are safely stored in the drycab. Then, my cam bag was drench wet and I forgot to dry it up properly, just chucked it aside on the shelf. Now, one side of it got fungus! :( :confused:

Dunno what to do? Luckily, my flash and it's pouch still dry and good.

Dunno how long to wait for the sun to be out and see if the UV from the sun could whack the hell out of these fungus. At worst, go get another bag la.

Pro Image said:

I just bought my 1st dry cabinet yesterday ~ DigiCabi DB-036.:)

smallaperture said:
Cam and all my glasses are safely stored in the drycab. Then, my cam bag was drench wet and I forgot to dry it up properly, just chucked it aside on the shelf. Now, one side of it got fungus! :( :confused:

Dunno what to do? Luckily, my flash and it's pouch still dry and good.

Dunno how long to wait for the sun to be out and see if the UV from the sun could whack the hell out of these fungus. At worst, go get another bag la.

Try using microwave to zap these fungi. Might work!

hoonming said:
I just bought my 1st dry cabinet yesterday ~ DigiCabi DB-036.:)

Dry Cabinet is working super hard this few weeks......I keep looking at my Hydrometer in the 55-60% region....

Hmmm i keep my camera stuff in an air tight container with loads of silicon beads inside. would that work? cos if i do carry my cam out. At timed i'll just carry the whole container. not those huge ones in case ppl might think i'm nuts.

Even in this damp weather, if you use your equipment regulary... they should be fine. It is usually through prolonged periods of disuse that the fungus would grow.

Pro Image said:
Uncle you not serious right?

I am quite serious here!

I had used microwave to kill fungi from the volumes of books I have, some of which are M...... classics. Sigh! The average indoor Singapore weather is not good for books, at least for books with quality binding.

Status
Not open for further replies.