Equipment Insurance Recommendations?

camerajin

Jul 25, 2012
Singapore
Hello,
I am a new joiner to this site and also recently moved to Singapore. I was looking on the internet for some insurance for my camera and lenses but do not seem to be getting a lot of hits. The one that I did find from Chubb seems to want to charge me almost 4% of my total equipment cost per year as premium. That seems a bit excessive as I am not a professional and not making any money out of my equipment! Does anyone have any advise or recommendation on insurance providers for camera equipment in Singapore?

Cheers!

Hello,
I am a new joiner to this site and also recently moved to Singapore. I was looking on the internet for some insurance for my camera and lenses but do not seem to be getting a lot of hits. The one that I did find from Chubb seems to want to charge me almost 4% of my total equipment cost per year as premium. That seems a bit excessive as I am not a professional and not making any money out of my equipment! Does anyone have any advise or recommendation on insurance providers for camera equipment in Singapore?

Cheers!

If you are not a professional then look for Home Owner's Protection type of insurance/home insurance/property insurance, which may also cover the insured person's property as well and sometimes worldwide even as you travel. Just google.

camerajin said:
Hello,

Cheers!

If you really need such an insurance, I'm paying about 1.2% of my equipment as my cost of insurance. Pm me if you want more details.

one of my friend uses Chubb but yah lah, a bit expensive but there coverage are comprehensive...