Equipment Identification help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deklan

Feb 28, 2007
Hi guys, not sure where to post this, so if its in the wrong place, mods just move it.

I need help identifying this piece of equipment, supposedly a tripod mount or smth, i got it together when i purchased my nikkor 70-200mm.
Like to know more abt this thing, or maybe its street value to as i dont even know how it works much less use it well.

2455902035_a905972d99_o.jpg

2455902079_62b77a0c1c_b.jpg

TIA
deklan.

Looks like a P-30 to me,
this lens plates... they're not for the regular tripod mounts?
whaaaat are these for! haha...

Looks like a P-30 to me,

70-200mm should not use P-30, maybe the previous owner just added additional screw, btw i might be wrong too. To confirm, just measure the length. :)

The lens plate is a quick release plate for arca-swiss system tripod head.

If you not intend to use acra-swiss system tripod head, you might want to consider selling it away at buy/sell, it will still fetch a good price.

If the price is very good, i might buy from you too. :)

If you don't need the cash, good to just keep it, you might upgrade to acra-swiss system in the future.

Yeah this set i have here, is a P-10, measures 8.4cm long...
anyone can give a rough range of its prices? new or 2nd hand...

Looks like a P-30 to me,
Its a dovetail style lens plate for the Arca Swiss style ballhead mounting, to couple the lens tripod foot to the ballhead clamp. Very secure. :thumbsup: There are a good variety of such ballheads around.

New is about SGD $120-$130 IIRC...places like Cathay Photo have a range of this plates.

Its a good quality lens plate...I would keep it if I were you. Who knows you might use it one day.

hmmm seems like its good to keep it.
i am getting a tripod soon... so if i keep this, i shld get a tripod head which uses the arca swiss ballhead mounting.
is this "arca swiss style" mouting exclusive to certain brand or just another name for a different mount?

Acra-swiss is actually a brand, but there are other very good brand using the same system.
You might want to consider KangRinpoche or Markin Ball head, Both are good and are using acra-swiss system.

Acra-swiss is actually a brand, but there are other very good brand using the same system.
You might want to consider KangRinpoche or Markin Ball head, Both are good and are using acra-swiss system.

and these heads can be used with the regular tripods like manfrotto, gitzo...etc ?

and these heads can be used with the regular tripods like manfrotto, gitzo...etc ?

Yes. :)

I'm currently using KangRinpoche Ballhead with Gitzo tripod, but you got budget, go for Markin ballhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.