Equipment for Night Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkster

hi everyone,

i'm planning to make a trip to night safari this sat.. i would like to confirm a previously heard rumour that camera equipment are not allowed in the place?

but if they do allow cameras in, wat sort of extra equipment do i need? i oni have a canon g3 and a giottos tripod.. pls advise.. thanks!

wah you very ambitious. the lighting there is horrigible (so low!!!) and since you cannot use flash, the only thing you can compensate with is ultra-high ISOs, like 3200 or 6400.

unless you got a nightframing camera like the SOny 707/717... but even then taking a decent shot would be a challenge. i'd be interested to hear more of your results though.

good luck!!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Larry
wah you very ambitious. the lighting there is horrigible (so low!!!) and since you cannot use flash, the only thing you can compensate with is ultra-high ISOs, like 3200 or 6400.

unless you got a nightframing camera like the SOny 707/717... but even then taking a decent shot would be a challenge. i'd be interested to hear more of your results though.

good luck!!! :thumbsup:

correction.. i'm not ambitious.. i'm trying to find out if i'm able to take any pics at the night safari if i do make a trip down.. ;) no offence, larry..

so from the replies that i've got here guess the oni place i can take photos would be the front gate? :D :)

Remember to post those pictures up whether they are good or bad... so that we can see what is really the necessary equipments and settings required... thanks.

Originally posted by sehsuan
larry, iso 6400 actually exists? seriously, i didn't know before this... thanks man! :)

Yup, on D100 as HI-2 (equivalent to ISO6400).

Rgds,
Jeffery

Originally posted by sehsuan
larry, iso 6400 actually exists? seriously, i didn't know before this... thanks man! :)
yah there are a coupla B&W film types with ISO 3200, like Ilford 3200 and Kodak TMAX 3200, which can push to 6400. even the D100 has a 3200 and 6400 ISO setting (aka HI 1 & 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.