Epson RD-1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
US$2999 looks like the MSRP, street price should be around US$2400? Still close to S$4k++. :eek:

Anyway, what things about Leica is cheap? ;)

AJ23 said:
US$2999 looks like the MSRP, street price should be around US$2400? Still close to S$4k++. :eek:

Anyway, what things about Leica is cheap? ;)

This is not a Leica le! :dunno:

Available in HK for about HK$21,000 - roughly S$4500+, with the English manuals, etc. Japan price is ard the same - $300,000 Yen.

Now I have another body for my M collection......

XXX Boy said:
This is not a Leica le! :dunno:

Leica will come out with their own, then you'll see a whole market flooded with 2nd hand RD-1 :devil:

Doubt leica will just sit back and watch RD-1 sell w/o doing anything about it?

canturn said:
Leica will come out with their own, then you'll see a whole market flooded with 2nd hand RD-1 :devil:

I think Leica will launch its Digital back for its M-series camera too....haha...just imagine you can still use your 50 years old M3 with a digital back!!! How can the modern be without the classic?

canturn said:

No doubt about it, but it will be like 2012. ;p

Just some thoughts.

If im not mistaken, the legendary Leitz's 3D effect is achieved via a sharper image centre than the image corners on the image circle. Since the RD-1 has a cropped sensor, won't the very reason people buy Leitz equipment be nullified?!

Stoned said:
Just some thoughts.

If im not mistaken, the legendary Leitz's 3D effect is achieved via a sharper image centre than the image corners on the image circle. Since the RD-1 has a cropped sensor, won't the very reason people buy Leitz equipment be nullified?!

Have to disagree with this. The 3D effect comes from the tonality that the lens can render and thus giving you different seperation of blacks. I can show you some samples of shots printed at 11x14 taken by the Leica M and the Canon L lenses. I'm comparing the exact same scene taken under same lighting condition and you can see how well the tones seperates, thus giving it the 3D texture.

It's quite subtle tho.

XXX Boy said:
I think Leica will launch its Digital back for its M-series camera too....haha...just imagine you can still use your 50 years old M3 with a digital back!!! How can the modern be without the classic?

Leica wouldn't launch a digital back for the m-series. They'll probably make one that's full frame based on the RD-1 prototype.

We've yet to see how the digital module for the R8/R9 performs. But rest assure, Leica will launch their own m-mount digital RF, just a matter of time. By which Epson will be trying to come out with RD-383020315235154451.

Competition, competition ;)

canturn said:
Have to disagree with this. The 3D effect comes from the tonality that the lens can render and thus giving you different seperation of blacks. I can show you some samples of shots printed at 11x14 taken by the Leica M and the Canon L lenses. I'm comparing the exact same scene taken under same lighting condition and you can see how well the tones seperates, thus giving it the 3D texture.

It's quite subtle tho.

Have to agree that Leica lenses tonality is unsurpassed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.