Epson RD-1 / RD-1s / RD-1x / RD-1gx

I have also been looking to get one of the rd-1 series but will have to sell of my current set up first and not sure if it's worth the risk :sweatsm:

I've been pretty keen too. It looks like a very unique camera for what it is. However I've been enquiring around and looking at eBay and noticed that the price range is at least $1.5k or above. I'm not saying it's not worth it, but most articles (including the Steve Huff) seem to advise on beginning with the R-D1 since it is a cheaper, and thus more safer option to those who want to try RF before plunging for a Leica. However at a price approaching $2k...for a 6 year old 6.1 megapixel camera, I wonder if it is that "good a bargain" when 2nd hand M8s go for around $3k+
I know it's another 1K+ but I'm just wondering what others opinions are on the price difference. Plus, adding the fact that Leica support and repair are very accessible here in Singapore but I have no idea the kind of support an older Epson would require?

R-D1 owners your opinions please?

Thanks.
Gavin

Tribute to my R-D1s, last outing with it to the KTM railway station.

4982750632_7cd869e77c_z.jpg

Excuse the sonnar blur

This is by far the most comprehensive R-D1 site, everything you need to know about the R-D1 including DIY fixing up the patch alignment etc... all thanks to Rich Cutler! :thumbsup:

http://www.richcutler.co.uk/r-d1/r-d1_01.htm

Hi,

Rd1-S since 2009
- 35mm colourskopa F2.5 and nokton 50mm f1.1
like this 2 lens mounted on the body.

4800526095_a5f915abea.jpg

Recent trip to business trip, europe.
In the Hot Air Balloon..

Hi,

Rd1-S since 2009
- 35mm colourskopa F2.5 and nokton 50mm f1.1
like this 2 lens mounted on the body.

4800526095_a5f915abea.jpg

Recent trip to business trip, europe.
In the Hot Air Balloon..

nice! lovely sunset... or is it sunrise? :thumbsup:

The rumour that is Epson RD-2 ??? :cool:

Epson-R-D2.jpg

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/epson_mulls_future_digital_camera_launch_news_304018.html

Epson launched the now-discontinued camera in 2004, in a partnership with Cosina.

'Since then we have been developing elements that would be used in digital cameras,' he said, adding that Epson announced development of electronic viewfinder panels in 2009.

'There are other elements in development'

Last edited:
If Cosina and Epson so much as produces a R-D2 and provide the necessary tech support, I'm so going to get one.

Poisoned!

Then how?

Now I'm tempted to get another one. Should I get the M9, M8 or R-D1 again. Or maybe just NEX...

Hmmm.... I wonder how many here have already junked their R-D1?

Cheers,

Last edited:
I'll certainly not hesitate to get the RD1s again... one day! :)

If you need help, let me know. I'm always happy to help R-D1 users.

Cheers,

Then how?

Now I'm tempted to get another one. Should I get the M9, M8 or R-D1 again. Or maybe just NEX...

Hmmm.... I wonder how many here have already junked their R-D1?

Cheers,

Get the RD1xG?

Poisoned, not enough. Must hold it in your own hands! :lovegrin:

Last edited:
The rumour that is Epson RD-2 ??? :cool:

Epson-R-D2.jpg

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/epson_mulls_future_digital_camera_launch_news_304018.html

Epson launched the now-discontinued camera in 2004, in a partnership with Cosina.

'Since then we have been developing elements that would be used in digital cameras,' he said, adding that Epson announced development of electronic viewfinder panels in 2009.

'There are other elements in development'

if its full frame, comes in chrome, half the price of M9, buy buy buy!

If you need help, let me know. I'm always happy to help R-D1 users.

Cheers,

Thanks for the offer Benny! Will get in touch when its time! :)