Epson R 210 & CIS Inkstation calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tory_felicia

Aug 16, 2004
Hi:

I recently tried to print b/w using ilford's smooth pearl paper and have been pleasantly surprised by a greenish tint on my photo. ;p

The photo is already on grayscale mode and I still get the green tint :embrass:

The shot looks ok, but by accident.

Any experience on the above combination and any suggestions outside of thrashing my brand new printer?

Any suggestion on calibration?

Cheers,

Tory

tory_felicia said:
Hi:

I recently tried to print b/w using ilford's smooth pearl paper and have been pleasantly surprised by a greenish tint on my photo. ;p

The shot looks ok, but by accident.

Any experience on the above combination and any suggestions outside of thrashing my brand new printer?

Any suggestion on calibration?

Cheers,

Tory
Since it's a brand new printer, perhaps you can try printing with the provided Epson ink on the same paper, see if there's any greenish tint. If no, then prob the fault is with the CIS system, or the paper may indequately absorb some colour of the ink, resulting in greenish tint.

I have encountered situations when there's an orange tint due to a average quality paper being used with genuine Epson ink.

You may check with the company providing CIS for any incompatibilities on this typed of paper.

tory_felicia said:
Hi:

I think he said his black and white print-out have greenish tint. That's what we call colour cast, that's very common with inkjet printers that have only one black ink and no RIP.

In order to have consistency and no colour cast (sometime greenish, bluish or yellowish) b&w, you need quotone or hextone inksets or print with RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.