Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
An invitation for ClubSNAP members to attend the Epson Print Academy

Hello everyone!

For those that missed out on the seats provided by Nikon for the same seminar here - (thread in Nikon sub-forum), we are fortunate to have received additional free invitations to the Epson Print Academy which are open to all members in ClubSNAP. The details are as follow:

Date : 26 June 2004, Saturday
Time : 1pm - 5pm
Venue : Carlton Hotel, Empress Room (Level 2)
Tickets : S$99 *Fees waived for pre-registered members of ClubSNAP
Website ; http://www.epsonphoto.com.sg/print_academy/
Requisite : One invitation per ClubSNAP member
Closing date : 8:00am on 23 June 2004

Registration
Please PM me with the following details :

(1) Your name
(2) Your nick in ClubSNAP
(3) Contact number (prefer h/p)
(4) Contact email

The above is REQUIRED for pre-registration, without which you may be asked to pay at the door.

Collection of invitation material
Tentatively set on Thursday evening (5:30-6:00pm) at Peninsula Plaza * To be confirmed *.

Tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis (using date/time-stamp of PM) and while we have roughly 40 available seats currently, please sign-up early to avoid disappointment. We want to remind members that although this is free, please do not abuse by taking up a seat if you do not intend to go. Kiasu-ism not encouraged here. We will be getting feedback from Epson on attendance and no-shows may be penalised in future giveaways.

Update : I probably won't have time to individually reply to PMs, but will post up the nicks of the successful sign-ups by lunchtime tomorrow.

10:38pm - At this point, 12 ppl have signed up (all those that PMed me up to now are confirmed).

28 more seats to go.

We have confirmed :-

1. binbeto
2. sathea
3. Bummie
4. clizeer
5. Newbie123
6. limhousen
7. Headlesschook
8. mooworld
9. gooseberry
10. sykestang
11. SNAG
12. Laugh
13. Robin
14. Aim
15. bobotto
16. sunnie_kenji
17. Astin

Still have places available, so if you are interested to attend, PM me with the following information (required for pre-registration) :

1) Full name
2) ClubSNAP Nick
3) Phone Number
4) Email Address

Very confusing leh, I registered with Avatar previously, is it the same but don't see my name in your list. Have PM you again. Thanks

Dennis said:
Very confusing leh, I registered with Avatar previously, is it the same but don't see my name in your list. Have PM you again. Thanks

Please note: If you have been confirmed under the Nikon list by Avatar, there is no need for you to re-submit your name to me.

Sorry for the mild confusion. We are maintaining two lists as the invitations are from two different entities and they have requested us to provide them with separate lists.

Just wondering...really interested to attend...

Darren? I PMed you... : ) :embrass:

For those of you who are confirmed, please go to Eastgear in Peninsula Plaza to collect the invitation cards.

Technically speaking, you do NOT need the invitation cards as your names have been pre-registered with Epson, but if it makes you feel less kiasi, you may want to collect a copy of the invitation.

The invitation card is also available in the current issue of Photoi thus its basically a generic card - thats why you do not technically need the card, and just trust us that your name has been pre-registered.

imaginary_number said:
Is registration still open?
Yes, can still accomodate, please send me yuor details via PM.

Last chance to register by 12noon today.

Updated list of names :-

1. binbeto
2. sathea
3. Bummie
4. clizeer
5. Newbie123
6. limhousen
7. Headlesschook
8. mooworld
9. -removed-
10. sykestang
11. SNAG
12. -removed-
13. Robin
14. Aim
15. bobotto
16. sunnie_kenji
17. Astin
18. tagclieg
19. nuts
20. kiwi2
21. hsimay
22. LCT
23. spezlezz

Gee, never thought that I would be able to get a placing...

Anyway, out of curiousity (and kiasi-ness) how do we ID ourselves? :)
EDIT: Received an email from Epson as well...

SNAG said:
Gee, never thought that I would be able to get a placing...

Anyway, out of curiousity (and kiasi-ness) how do we ID ourselves? :)
Registration was done with your real name - use that to ID yourself to Epson.

If you use your ClubSNAP nick, they probably go "huh??" :bsmilie:

Back.... Kudos to Epson for organizing this event, and to Clubsnap for giving out free invitations out to us!

It was a perfect session for digital imaging retards like yours truly... ;)

Anyway, I tried out the tips that John Cosgrove was presenting during his segment in Photoshop CS, but there's this portion on the "Colour" segment that I can't seem to get. Was wondering whether anyone could correct me.

White Balance adjustment using Curves
1) Image > Adjustments > Curves
2) Double-click on the white point dropper, a pop-up will appear.
3) Select a non-highlight white point (ie, the eyes)
4) Set the A/B channel to 0.
5) Click on "OK" (using "Tab" key)

Absolutely nothing happens when I try this out.
Any Photoshop guru can assist?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.