Epson Photo Stylus 810 Printing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidbyte

I am using the Epson Photo Stylus 810 ? May i know what are the settings to be used if i am using the KOdak Photo Premium Paper ? I notice if i use the default profile in the printer setup, usually those GLOSSY paper will have a grainy effect but not on the Silky/Matte paper such as the ones i got from Konica. Is there a difference in weight of paper ?

Kodak PPP has a rather bad reputation of creating a "craked mud" effect, or sometimes called micro-pooling. I believe this is the grainy effect you have mentioned.

When I first used it, I got the same problem until I used an ICC profile created for this paper to work on Canon S9000 printer.

The reason for the micro-pooling is possibly due to the slow ink absorbtion of the paper. The profile I used required the media type be set to high gloss photo film.

Try a glossy photo film setting if you have that on your Epson driver.

However, I doubt if the colours will come out correct without an ICC profile.

Kodak PPP is a great paper if you can "tame" the micro-pooling effect and get the colours correct. I find it brighter and whiter than the standard Epson Gloosy Photo Paper.

- Roy

Try Ilford Paper from Ruby Photo. This is rather generic and can give you great results, well at least from my side.

Originally posted by acidbyte
So that means i have to set it to use GLossy Film paper at 1440dpi ? Any other settings i have to change or take note ? Please advise. Thank you.

That's just a suggestion for you to try out. It worked (with the proper profile) when I used Kodak PPP on my Canon S9000, but I am not sure if it will work on your Epson.

If you have a lot of Kodak PPP on hand, you might want to sacrifice a few sheets to try out. If you only have a few sheets, then by the time you tweeked the setting to a satisfactory level, you have already run out of the paper.

Try doing a search on www.dpreview.com printers forum to see if you can find any link to ready made profiles for using the Kodak PPP on Epson.

- Roy

Never use Kodak or even HP on a Canon or Epson printer.

Epson and Canon papers are reliable and best value for money.

Ilford seems new in town and I have tried a couple. Pretty good results.

Konica for MAXIMUM bang for the buck but it is grainy with the 810.

Status
Not open for further replies.