Epson Colour Imaging Contest 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite keen, but the print must be made from an Epson printer?

melnjes said:
Quite keen, but the print must be made from an Epson printer?

no any printer will do.

Well, I think the rules are fair. It grants Seiko Epson non-exclusive rights to use the photo in exhibitions and brochures. I take it to mean that ownership stays with the person taking the photograph.

What do the rest of you think? :)

we have to print ourselves ? tat means cannot print from the lab ?

Will03 said:
we have to print ourselves ? tat means cannot print from the lab ?

Yeap, I think according to the rules and regulation, it is any printer and you have to state the brand and model...I doubt we can print from the lab(coz those are professional models?)

Rules not so clear....
Prints by lab acceptable?
What is the size of print?? any limits?
Right is given to Espon to print.. do we still retain the copyright
when submitted but not selected?:dunno:

Its stated in the rules that it has to be ink-jet prints. So those FDI lab prints are out.

Hosea said:
Rules not so clear....
Prints by lab acceptable?
What is the size of print?? any limits?
Right is given to Espon to print.. do we still retain the copyright
when submitted but not selected?:dunno:

• Works shall be digital images printed by an inkjet printer.

• There is no restriction on the number of entries, the size of the work, or the printer used to print out the work.

• Each applicant who owns the relevant entered work hereby grants Seiko Epson Corporation and all SeikoEpson Group Companies a non-exclusive, world wide and perpetual license and right to use, reproduce,prepare derivative works of, distribute, and publicly display the entered work for the purposes of displaying the entered work in exhibitions and this contest, product catalogues, and promotional and marketing literature, all in printed and/or electronic form.

Zookeeper said:
•
• Each applicant who owns the relevant entered work hereby grants Seiko Epson Corporation and all SeikoEpson Group Companies a non-exclusive, world wide and perpetual license and right to use, reproduce,prepare derivative works of, distribute, and publicly display the entered work for the purposes of displaying the entered work in exhibitions and this contest, product catalogues, and promotional and marketing literature, all in printed and/or electronic form.
Thanks Nuts and Zookeeper.
Think I will still hv the right from the above statement as I am only granting the right to
Espon.:)

Zookeeper said:
• Works shall be digital images printed by an inkjet printer.

I saw the Entry Form, entrants should specify which printer used. Not sure if Epson can accept that the winner will come from CAnon printer. :sweatsm:

Hmm.... One of the contest rules says that u must provide the high resolution copy on CD right? I think its for Epson to print out the photos on their printers for those winning entries. And den can do some marketing lah. U noe, the usual stuff like, "Winning entries displayed at Epson Imaging Gallery printed by Epson Rxxxx model. Yadda-yadda-yadda."

They gain, we gain, both happy, both song. Happily ever after. :)

Those prints we sent in maybe is for the judges to see one. Dat's my guess.

BTW, this contest is international one ah?

E-Lim said:
I saw the Entry Form, entrants should specify which printer used. Not sure if Epson can accept that the winner will come from CAnon printer. :sweatsm:
Shldn't be a problem.

If they judge winning entries based on who used Epson products and excellent works that are printed on Canon printers are all rejected, den abit kelong.

jsbn said:
Shldn't be a problem.

If they judge winning entries based on who used Epson products and excellent works that are printed on Canon printers are all rejected, den abit kelong.
BTW, anyone knows if the date of the works matter?

Like can I submit a photo that was taken a year ago?

Hi, Anybody know of a good place to print using Epson printers.
My home printer is lousy so looking for one outside.
Thanks.

betazone said:
Hi, Anybody know of a good place to print using Epson printers.
My home printer is lousy so looking for one outside.
Thanks.

how about the one at wheelock?

dun think they will print for you.... it's not a lab per se....more of an exhibition gallery

my printer is canon =p do you think they would love the idea?

OK, who have epson printer? Can borrow or not? 1-2 prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.