epson c60 clean too often

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixit10101

Aug 13, 2004
Does anybody know why my Epson C60 automaticall runs too many cleaning cycles. It's been running thru a cleaning cycle after every three or four pages of printing. I use ink from 123inkjets. Can't really remember if it always did this. Called 123 and they said they've used the same vendor for the cartridges for some time so it can't be the cartriidges. Benn using their stuff for two years and didn't seem to have problem before. Epson won't give me any help without paying for it. Can't fine any info on google. Eating up ink like crazy. Help. :dunno:

Disconnect the printer, take it and run to a rubbish point to dispose of this printer. Seriously, it is a poor printer that really gives Epson a bad reputation. There is almost nothing can be done to clean the head unless you want to try some wierd methods:

• Clean the print head with Windex (or any other window cleaner with ammonia)
  • see if you can dismantle the head and put it in warm water and scrub
  • put the head in warm water and put those ultrasonic jewellry cleaner

All these methods from DPReview :sweat:

Hello,

You can disable auto head cleaning mechanisms on your printer. This sounds new and impossible, but I have the trick :) You don't believe?

This requires you to open the printer casing, find the .... and then install our MANUAL CONTROL kit. Once installed, you need to activate the switch to disable it, and disactivate again to put it back whenever you really need the cleaning.

We can show you the detail how to do it but you have to install by yourself. If you are interested, you can contact me. But you must buy me a lunch if it works and tell others if you are satisfied :)

I am with Inknovation, Inkjet Savings Solution and Business Opportunity provider for everyone in town.

Visit us at http://www.inknovation.com.sg
--------- Have you heard or know SMART refillable ink cartridge? ------------

lazarus_lauw: went to site you gave. No info there on disable swithch. Bum steer?

Watcher:
To clarify, there's nothing wrong with the printer printing or needing cleaning. It prints, spools, correlates, etc just fine. It's fast , in short, prints beautifully. The problem is that every 4-5 pages it goes into an automatically cleaning cycle,(eating up ink) even when it doesn't need cleaning. I'm trying to find out how to reset or disable the auto cleaning cycle. Read some stuff on a google search but they don't tell how to do it. At least not for the C60.

Looks like they have the "service after 3 to 4 pages" type of printer algorithm....which is basically means - "please buy more ink and help us make more money"..........

I guess...many printers those lower end ones .......targeting lower usage/small page print users.....uses these type of "controlled ink leakage" approach......phew....what a world...

Rgds,
Sulhan

Sulhan:
you hit the nail on the head; the trick is how to get it to stop doing it so often.

All suggestions, tricks, tips, instructions, etc, are welcomed.

fixit10101 said:
lazarus_lauw: went to site you gave. No info there on disable swithch. Bum steer?

It is not in the website. If you are interested, please send me a private mail. I'll tell you the trick. BTW, are you in Singapore?

i give up on this printer already, now using r210

Status
Not open for further replies.