Epson 810 with Olympus C700UZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi.

Can anyone advise me if getting the Epson 810 printer is good for printing out pictures that are taken with a Olympus C700UZ?

Kindly advise.

i have the exact combi, they're good with each other. :)

how much is the ink cartridge for Epson 810? And how long can it last?

Was thinking of getting the 810 but worry that the ink costs will be quite high compared to my Canon 6200....

saw the epson stylus photo 810 selling at $299 advertise in the papers few days ago.

Is SLS selling cheaper than this price?

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Hi.

Can anyone advise me if getting the Epson 810 printer is good for printing out pictures that are taken with a Olympus C700UZ?

Kindly advise.

so yesterday finally u bought the C700UZ ??

-Andrfe

Originally posted by kaipium
how much is the ink cartridge for Epson 810? And how long can it last?

Was thinking of getting the 810 but worry that the ink costs will be quite high compared to my Canon 6200....

ink costs about $28 for colour (6-colours) catridge and $35 for black. Yah, colour is cheaper although it is bigger, I don't know why too. Someone made an estimation that the colour catridge can last 12 full A4 colour prints at high resolution (probably 1440). I can't verify that cos I never printed so many A4 full colours at one go.

but what I don't care for is the frequency of ink clot....I was printing my FYP report and it clot quite frequently, and incomplete lines appeared on the paper. Cleaning the printhead will suck up more ink. The ink catridge is cheap cos it doesn't contain the printhead, that's good, but the drawback is that the printhead gets polluted and is unchanged.

Originally posted by volk
saw the epson stylus photo 810 selling at $299 advertise in the papers few days ago.

Is SLS selling cheaper than this price?

I think I bought mine at $270 in SLS like 4 months ago, maybe it is cheaper than that now.

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Hi.

Kindly advise.

hi, remember me? i am the one wearing blue T-shirt and carring a beltpack yestreday.....

btw, u seriously want to print your photo with printer??

if u only want 4R size, i suggest u to send to shop to print...better quality, only $0.50 each....the ink and photo paper not cheap u know??? a piece of GOOD photo paper can cost almost a dollar each already, and ink caridges can cost as much as a printer....somemore the ink will dry out very fast

unless u print your photo frequently and need it fast...what i did is accmulate all the better shots until the CD-R is full...then send to shop to print at one go

BTW, i work in HP last time and help them to design printer......so i will recommend HP printer to u

Originally posted by kamwai

hi, remember me? i am the one wearing blue T-shirt and carring a beltpack yestreday.....

btw, u seriously want to print your photo with printer??

if u only want 4R size, i suggest u to send to shop to print...better quality, only $0.50 each....the ink and photo paper not cheap u know??? a piece of GOOD photo paper can cost almost a dollar each already, and ink caridges can cost as much as a printer....somemore the ink will dry out very fast

unless u print your photo frequently and need it fast...what i did is accmulate all the better shots until the CD-R is full...then send to shop to print at one go

BTW, i work in HP last time and help them to design printer......so i will recommend HP printer to u

That's sound advice. :)

However, i've got a lobang of the printer. SOmeone selling 2nd hand after 2 weeks use and letting it go at $150 so i think i will most likely be getting it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.