EPS Fuel Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfgang said:
Hi all,

just curious. Have any car owners here installed an "EPS" fuel saver in your vehicle so far?

:)

What is EPS fuel saver, hah?

the website sucks. They go right into the "So how does it work?" angle...how about an overview of what their dandy device does or what it looks like

http://www.gainex.co.uk/

the website sucks. They go right into the "So how does it work?" angle...how about an overview of what their dandy device does or what it looks like

http://www.gainex.co.uk/
Hmmm my only question to this is - Does petrol contain iron elements that can somehow be magically aligned by the magnets?

Anyway, to get back on topic, personally this seems like snake oil and the "savings" you will get are going to be very subjective.

Having said that, a colleague of mine who is into cars and racing (and also in this forum) endorses the Broquet fuel catalyst system (http://broquet.co.uk) and has it in all of his cars. One of the benefits of Broquet is that you can use lower octane petrol and still get high-performance. However, the Broquet system is expensive (think around the S$500 mark) thus you will need to temper that against the potential fuel savings over time.

I guess all of us car-owners are (were?) conscious of the high oil prices thus looking for some ways to make that tank last longer. Here is an interesting website that shows how motorists extend their mileage - http://www.ecomodder.com/ - some motorists mod their cars for high performance, mileage be damned and some others go the total opposite.

Myself, I am trying to squeeze below 7.0L/100km in my wee Honda Jazz. Hehehehe. Right now averaging 7.5L/100km because I have a lead foot hahaha.

Such products are not really proven. I suggest save the cash on these products. If they are really that good, car manufacturers would include the magnets as part of car components. Which car manufacturers do not want to make their cars more energy efficient?

What matters more is how one drives, how much less crap we can offload from the car.

Little things like spoiler, roof racks, body kits will increase wind resistance. (a downward pressure type spoiler normally works effectively at over 100km/hr. Installing one on a vehicle to run on singapore roads is not really helping on road grip). Well unless it is a really fast car which takes an occasional high speed dash - in which case, saving gas is not a concern.

Factory fitted & non factory fitted electronics & air conditioning will also affect FC. (fuel consumption). Using large tires will have the worst impact on FC.

Also, road conditions, weather and external temperature & engine compartment temperature can also affect.

And most importantly, how well maintained the car is will also affect fuel consumption.

Want to save gas? Keep the car well maintained, have as little things in the car (including fetching fewer passengers) and keep the car in its stock condition as much as possible. And lastly, plan your trips and cut down on unnecessary coverage or by substituting with public transport.

There is so much I can write about saving fuel... But one can just google it to find out.

Commercial products cant really help save much gas. Most are but a marketing hype to make one feel less guilty. Blame it on yourself if it aint getting better.

Last edited:
Such products are not really proven.

That is a very polite way of putting it. But many people will cling to miracle products, even if they rationally know they are snake oil. Just look at the local companies marketing bio-ray magnetic-lodestone-negative-ion bracelets.

Hehe. Mythbusters tested this!

Myself, I am trying to squeeze below 7.0L/100km in my wee Honda Jazz. Hehehehe. Right now averaging 7.5L/100km because I have a lead foot hahaha.

Drive smoothly improves FC a lot.

Off aircon when you are on the highway. there were studies that show the air drag at 80km/hr speed is really negligible for modern cars . Personally I tried. and I can see the FC go from 9.8km/litre to 11km/litre.

Hi all,

just curious. Have any car owners here installed an "EPS" fuel saver in your vehicle so far?

:)

i find that all those so called fuel savers remedies out there are all gimmick..

your left foot decides how much fuel you'll save/uses

correction: your right foot decides how much fuel you'll save/uses

Last edited:
i find that all those so called fuel savers remedies out there are all gimmick..

Good point. But how do you accelerate with your left foot and brake with your right? I can do that sometimes, but nearly got into accident once. Its a left and right brain confusion.

Erm, you mean as in left foot dont step on the brakes so that all the moving momentum continues to move ? ;p

hahaha...good one...

should be right foot...:bsmilie:

no wonder my fuel consumption on the high side cos i'm using my right foot..:bsmilie:

Last edited:
on the note of fuel savings, i find that after installing unichip-Q to my car, the FC is much better even with hard rev at every traffic junction.

average i am still able to maintain about 11km/litre...the AFR more efficient

overall performance improved significantly:thumbsup:

Such products are not really proven. I suggest save the cash on these products. If they are really that good, car manufacturers would include the magnets as part of car components. Which car manufacturers do not want to make their cars more energy efficient?

What matters more is how one drives, how much less crap we can offload from the car.

Little things like spoiler, roof racks, body kits will increase wind resistance. (a downward pressure type spoiler normally works effectively at over 100km/hr. Installing one on a vehicle to run on singapore roads is not really helping on road grip). Well unless it is a really fast car which takes an occasional high speed dash - in which case, saving gas is not a concern.

Factory fitted & non factory fitted electronics & air conditioning will also affect FC. (fuel consumption). Using large tires will have the worst impact on FC.

Also, road conditions, weather and external temperature & engine compartment temperature can also affect.

And most importantly, how well maintained the car is will also affect fuel consumption.

Want to save gas? Keep the car well maintained, have as little things in the car (including fetching fewer passengers) and keep the car in its stock condition as much as possible. And lastly, plan your trips and cut down on unnecessary coverage or by substituting with public transport.

There is so much I can write about saving fuel... But one can just google it to find out.

Commercial products cant really help save much gas. Most are but a marketing hype to make one feel less guilty. Blame it on yourself if it aint getting better.

:thumbsup: good and concised explanation!

on the note of fuel savings, i find that after installing unichip-Q to my car, the FC is much better even with hard rev at every traffic junction.

average i am still able to maintain about 11km/litre...the AFR more efficient

overall performance improved significantly:thumbsup:

what's a unichip-Q? i've seen it on other car forums. is it expensive? how much are your monthly savings after installing it? thanks!

oh, there's this local site www.petrolwatch.com.sg

it shows the price movements of the pump stations in SG. quite useful to check the prices across the board.

by the way, petrol is about $1.395 per liter now! (of course, after including all the relevant discounts and rebates lah) so much better than the high of $2.00++

do you guys think it'll drop any further? and if it does, will they remove the 10% site discount?

:thumbsup: good and concised explanation!

what's a unichip-Q? i've seen it on other car forums. is it expensive? how much are your monthly savings after installing it? thanks!

UNICHIP

please read the link above.

previously about 11km/l if normal plus some hard rev driving. now about 11km/l daily hard rev driving...if drive normally like before can reach 12-13

Last edited:
Hi,
A gas engine fuel saver is a generator that you put on your car to save fuel, and to improve the overall performance of your engine. You can get more information from www.gainex.co.uk/.

UNICHIP

please read the link above.

previously about 11km/l if normal plus some hard rev driving. now about 11km/l daily hard rev driving...if drive normally like before can reach 12-13

Let me try my maths.
The Unichip sells at RRP $850.
If the unit adds 1km / litre mileage. Say 10% savings in fuel cost for easier calculation.
I typically spend $300 on fuel per month. So every month I save $30 after I installed
the unichip.

$850 / $30 = about 30months i.e. break even within 3 years.

If I spend $500 / mth , then I breakeven within 1.5year.

Not bad if it really saves 10% fuel. THis is the main assumption I see that needs to be checked/challenge.

Who else has tried Unichip? I am feel luke warm after doing the maths.

well... not like fuel saving....

theres not really a fuel saving product out there lah, but more of products that promote fuel efficiency..

many pple who installed unichipQ will eventually sell off their set and set on Pivot 3 Drive.

pivot 3 drive allows u to set what kind of drive mode u wish. of course theres the economy mode and the sports mode.

i am usually on sports mode 1. sometimes 7. and i am achieving 13.4KM/L on my 1.8 stream. with a KN drop in filter. but even if i am a heavy footer on sport 7, i am still achieving 12.6KM/L on my speedo reading. which if calculations were done properly. it should be a +1 on all rreadings. so if u plus 1km on every reading. i am actually consuming 14.5KM/L for being light footed or on sports 1,and 13.6 on sports 7.

i have minor mods on my car also. spoiler, side skirts, sports grill and 15" rims. and of course KN filter and P3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.