EPL best 11 this season.. whats yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
My choice for EPL best 11 and my reasons:

GK: Reina - Very few errors, kept the most clean sheets this year. Contenders like Cech, Edwin Van Der Sar etc makes a few bloopers or not consistent enough this year i feel
LB: Gareth Barry - Deserved his england call up. Good natural left footer, consistent performer.
RB:Chimbonda - proves to be an excellent buy for Spurs. menacing when go forward to support attack. Great loss for wigan and part of the Wigan's slump i think.
CD: Carragher - Colossus. Have you really ever see him played badly? Well, to be honest, i think once.. when Liverpool lost 4-0 to Arsenal with a weakened side, other than that, he's rock solid, impeccable tackle, lead the line well.
CD: Terry - Highly influential. You can see how good he is when Chelsea's form dipped remarkably when he's out injured.
LM: Giggs - Probably surprise most people that he can still be top class after playing more than 500 games for Man U.
RM: Cristiano Ronaldo - top class, less diving (cant be no diving as i think it's in his genes/blood! :bsmilie: ). He starts to linked up well with other players and take on defenders. Scoring tons of goals for Man U, else they prob wont do just as well.
CM: Steven gerrard - Well, I wont say this is his best season, in fact, it's only average. But for SG, his average is still better than best for many players.
CM: Gilberto Silva - Only positive of Arsenal imo. Even Henry is not his usual self, without Gilberto's influence, tackle and calmness, i think Arsenal will be even worse position.
Striker: Drogba - Best forward this season. No doubt about it. Scored at least 4-5 wonder goals that deserves to win any football matches. Goal against Liverpool is my vote for Goal of the Season.
Striker: Berbatov - Prob the best foreign signing this year. His skill, vision, link-up play is the reason why Spurs is challenging for europe spot.

Rest of the best:
GK - Foster - other than the blooper of letting Robinson score, top notch performances in tough situation at Watford.
GK- Robinson - another impressive season without much complains/errors Heck, he even scored against Foster!
GK - Marcus Hanenmen - Keeps Reading in the game with his reflexes.. will prob takeover Friedel in US team, my guess.
RB: Steve Finnan - Does his job quietly, effieciently. hardly make any mistakes and have some nice crosses into box.
CD: Carvelho - Commands defence well and score crucial goals for Chelsea
CD: Agger - Surprise many by replacing Hyypia so quickly in Liverpool team, packs a wonder shot as well.
CD: Woodgate - Finally getting back to his best after his MADrid nightmare.. good for England.. Now, if he goes to a better team, that will be something.
CD: Vidic - Best Man U defender imo. He makes Ferdinand looks good and covers for Ferdinand's mistake. Man U D looks shaky without him the past few matches.
RM: Lennon - continue to perform well for Spurs.
RM: Pennant - Wonderful to watch when he decide to get to work ! lol, need to be more consistent.
LM: Downing - Only bright spot in poor Boro team i think.
LM/RM: David Bently - will prob make Arsenal regret letting him goes with his wonder goals
CM: Matthew Taylor - scores lots of wonder goals
CM: Scott Parker - Best newcastle player by a mile.. well, maybe close second is maartens
CM: Lampard - Not up to his usual high standards this year but still do a great job for Chelsea
CM: David Speed - The model professional, play hard every game. Newcastle prob regret letting him go too early.
CM: Essien - Tough year for him as he needs to play in defence but his size and strength makes him very tough to beat.
CM: Sidwell - Best reading player, dun think they can keep him for long.
Striker: Kuyt - Top notch work rate, relentless pursuit.
Striker: Crouch - Say what you want, the beanpole striker can score and score with left, right and header as evident in his hattrick. Just need to impose himself more and improve his heading. Adding some meat will help!:bsmilie:
Striker: Agbonlahor - Top young striker who does well for Aston Villa, tough for any striker imo! lol
Striker: Maartens - Finally come good in 2nd half of season. Makes you wonder how he can play with Owen, if Owen recovers.
Striker: Tevez - If only he show his desire and nose for goals in the 1st 30 games for Westham like he did for the last few, West ham will be comfortably mid-table i'd say.
Striker: Benni McCarthy - most prolific striker outside of the big boys and usual suspects.

Flops of the year-
- Shevchenko - do i need to explain really? HAha
- Dudek - Letting in 7 goals in 2 cup games with Arsenal is enough to condemned him to hell. perhaps he need to work on the dudek-shuffle again!
- Ballack - Given his high standards, his 1st season at chelsea is forgettable i'd say.
- Fabregas - many may be surprise but if you think about it, he hasnt yet to score for Arsenal and one of the reason they struggle esp with Henry injured.
- Rooney - Seems to lost his way somehow. as Ronaldo becomes more infuential after world cup, rooney seems to be getting worse.
- Reo Coker - U21 captain being so unprofessional after being denied Arsenal move. I think he wants West Ham to relegate so he can move (we shall see if he got the move)

Best EPL team - MAn U - begrudgingly but table dont lie (yes, even if chelsea may still win)
Worst EPL team - West Ham - Charlton, Sheffield and Watford at least bother.. West Ham only show some urgency last few games, prob too late.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/actim?league=eng.1&cc=4716 - the Actim index can help u decide:p

I hope Arsenal can still remain 4th. :cry: :embrass:

They probably will but dont really deserve it if you ask me. Of those challenging for Europe teams, i think Spurs and Blackburn played very well and Bolton is always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.