EPL 5 vs OM-D EM 5 Mark II

lamppost

Oct 27, 2008
Hi,

Any user of the above camera that did comparison on the photo quality? I have checked out the paper spec and found that the paper spec seems to be similar. Any kind soul can advise on this? I am having the EPL5 and thinking of getting the EM5 mark II as upgrade.thanks..

Hi,

Any user of the above camera that did comparison on the photo quality? I have checked out the paper spec and found that the paper spec seems to be similar. Any kind soul can advise on this? I am having the EPL5 and thinking of getting the EM5 mark II as upgrade.thanks..

Yes, they are similar but I don't own them. EM5 mk2 has true 5 axis IS (if not wrong) whereas epl5 has 3 or 4 axis if that's useful for you.I suppose their respective firmware algorithm for image processing is different but as with all camera makers they have a certain "bias" shall we say of what constitutes good image vs colours and contrast.Both are 16mp with em5 mk2 having the hi res mode but only for tripod static scenes like landscapes.
For manual focus lenses it has peak focusing if not wrong.In my opinion you should invest in good glass(lenses)
unless you have money to spare for another camera body.