EOY Cosplay Festival 2016 Photos

The turnout for this afternoon outing is acceptable. We have some new faces and some long lost faces . Nonetheless it was good that they still make the effort to show up. I had my share of fun organising the event , and getting the cosplayers to come to out booth . We managed to set up 2 booths . One for 2 strobe system and the other with 3 flash system .

Hope all who came , learned some lighting techniques.

Here is the group picture . And please post your pictures from this afternoon outing .

poser is partially hidden, cause he is shy .

20161210_164809 by maverick_h, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Franz for organizing this outing, Never had experience in setting up lighting like this. Eye opener and still a lot to learn. More importantly it's ready fun. Model are all friendly and cooperative with masters next to you guiding. Even beginner like me feel full of confident.

Thanks Franz for organizing this outing, Never had experience in setting up lighting like this. Eye opener and still a lot to learn. More importantly it's ready fun. Model are all friendly and cooperative with masters next to you guiding. Even beginner like me feel full of confident.

Hi Coral66,

Good that you enjoyed the outing. Do post your pictures here. Hope that you can join any future outings . :)

Pentaxians in action. Actually the organisers banned strobing . We were the only gungho group which unknowingly set up our strobe. The security came by several times, looked at us , but did not stop us. So we were very lucky. Quite a number of other shooters came to our spot to shot the cosplayers.

20161210_151746 by maverick_h, on Flickr

KA scanning, to see which XMM to shoot with his deaadly DA 50 - 135 f/2.8 :bsmilie:

20161210_151750 by maverick_h, on Flickr

Henry , directing Wolverine how to pose. Even Wolverine must show respect to senior citizens la. :bsmilie:

20161210_154221 by maverick_h, on Flickr

The turnout for this afternoon outing is acceptable. We have some new faces and some long lost faces . Nonetheless it was good that they still make the effort to show up. I had my share of fun organising the event , and getting the cosplayers to come to out booth . We managed to set up 2 booths . One for 2 strobe system and the other with 3 flash system .

Hope all who came , learned some lighting techniques.

Here is the group picture . And please post your pictures from this afternoon outing .

poser is partially hidden, cause he is shy .

20161210_164809 by maverick_h, on Flickr
Only take group photo after i leave . . . .So Bad . . .

Only take group photo after i leave . . . .So Bad . . .

LOL.. you move off too fast.......

Actually, all of us forget about group photo, it's only when he is back from roaming around, he initiated the group photo, we are all packed and ready to ciao liao :p

LOL.. you move off too fast.......

Actually, all of us forget about group photo, it's only when he is back from roaming around, he initiated the group photo, we are all packed and ready to ciao liao :p

I had to rush off because I have another appointment

Thread merged and unlocked.

Have fun posting up the shots. :)

44X318

Thank you all for the good Pentax outing, though I couldn't find you guys initially. Poseur is a good sifu on strobing. I couldn't understand 90% what he explained to me, haha. It goes to show how much I need to put in effort to improve. Thank you.