Eoy Cosplay 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow it sound like many people to go.... last time i dint got flash so only can get head shot... (cox only got 1xF2.8-90mm lens) ... this time i prepare the 28-75mm .... hope the result come out wil be improve
28-75mm f2.8 should be fine...good for general portraits but may not be wide enough for groups shots. Fast prime lens in the range of 35mm to 135mm would be excellent in this environment...to isolate subjects from crowded surroundings.

28-75mm f2.8 should be fine...good for general portraits but may not be wide enough for groups shots. Fast prime lens in the range of 35mm to 135mm would be excellent in this environment...to isolate subjects from crowded surroundings.
the cheapo 50mm prime lens is indeed good for half body, low light condition and isolated the subject shots, but not as flexible as zoom. How I wish I have a 35mm f/1.4 for full body shot :( .

the cheapo 50mm prime lens is indeed good for half body, low light condition and isolated the subject shots, but not as flexible as zoom. How I wish I have a 35mm f/1.4 for full body shot :( .

bro yr 17-35mm not wide meh?:p
35mm f1.4 not enough for full body and group shot...if there is a large crowd....

35mm f1.4 not enough for full body and group shot...if there is a large crowd....
that is wide enough, but aperture no big enough to give the bokeh/isolated looks :(

Yah I wish I had 35mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.2 and 85mm f/1.2 or 135mm f/2 too. :( I think a good combo would be 35mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.2 or f/1.8.

Bro so u will be going ar?

Anticipating a large crowd (of photogs) there. sigh. Cosplay events ain't like what they used to be. Imagine 5 years back, no one knew what cosplay was and the only ppl attending were mostly cosplayers themselves, with only an odd photographer or two.

that is wide enough, but aperture no big enough to give the bokeh/isolated looks :(

that came with very high price tag...
s$2499......worth it?:cry:

Yah I wish I had 35mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.2 and 85mm f/1.2 or 135mm f/2 too. :( I think a good combo would be 35mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.2 or f/1.8.

Bro so u will be going ar?
Not sure yet, hope can go, but wify not really enjoy paid/visit closplay kind of things :sweat:

that came with very high price tag...
s$2499......worth it?:cry:
Not worth to me at the moment. Well, at least you have a 28mm f/2. I don't even have any big aperture wide angle :( Now looking for alternative cheaper solution like Manual Focus 35mm lens.

Not worth to me at the moment. Well, at least you have a 28mm f/2. I don't even have any big aperture wide angle :( Now looking for alternative cheaper solution like Manual Focus 35mm lens.

28mm/f2 also not good enough to induce bokeh..... 35mm f1.4 is the only one to go for....

Cool! Will be there! =) :thumbsup:

Anticipating a large crowd (of photogs) there. sigh. Cosplay events ain't like what they used to be. Imagine 5 years back, no one knew what cosplay was and the only ppl attending were mostly cosplayers themselves, with only an odd photographer or two.

At least the cosplay is a main event compare to last time...it something that the cosplayers be very proud of tio bo;)

wow it sound like many people to go.... last time i dint got flash so only can get head shot... (cox only got 1xF2.8-90mm lens) ... this time i prepare the 28-75mm .... hope the result come out wil be improve

I'm also using 28-75 f2.8 for the event. ;)

I'll be bringing my load of stuff this time ^_^
24-70/2.8
50/1.4
105/2.8
135/2.8
5600HSD =)

Cheers
QX

my back probably will break if I carry that all day :sweat:

:nono: not counting the accessories ur 17-35mm F3.5, 85mm f1.4, 80-200 f2.8 combination already more heavy than his liao...not to mentioned yr heavy duty monopod....:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.