EOY 07 @ Expo 15 December 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this piece of information~

wah... thanks for the info. :)

Entrance fees are also collected for entrance to EOY (been attending for the last 5 years, lol). $10 for Shiro Tsubasa club members and $12 for non-members.

Also, for photographers who're attending EOY for the first time, STAC has stated some simple and basic rules that you can read here: http://eoy.shirotsubasa.org/rules.php

But for those lazy to click, I cut and paste ;p

1) Photography is limited to the designated areas only.

2) Cosplayers are allowed to deny requests for photographs.

3) STAC does not condone professional photographers and/or commercial entities hawking their business cards. Should you decide to accept the cards, we claim NO responsibility for what may occur.

4) Attempts to capture unlawful photographs (E.g. upskirt, voyeur etc.), if discovered, will be handed to the police.

thankx bro. this will be interesting

Will we get to see any FSS cosplayers

Well, not from me ;p But there were some FSS cosplayers at EOY in 2005. Two Plastic-Style Fatimas and one Diode. This year ah...probably not? FSS isn't very well-known or popular in the local scene I find.

Entrance fees are also collected for entrance to EOY (been attending for the last 5 years, lol). $10 for Shiro Tsubasa club members and $12 for non-members.

Also, for photographers who're attending EOY for the first time, STAC has stated some simple and basic rules that you can read here: http://eoy.shirotsubasa.org/rules.php

But for those lazy to click, I cut and paste ;p

1) Photography is limited to the designated areas only.

2) Cosplayers are allowed to deny requests for photographs.

3) STAC does not condone professional photographers and/or commercial entities hawking their business cards. Should you decide to accept the cards, we claim NO responsibility for what may occur.

4) Attempts to capture unlawful photographs (E.g. upskirt, voyeur etc.), if discovered, will be handed to the police.

-_- SO MANY RULES........ somemore need to pay. boo hoo hoo ..... but heng $10 nia. hehehe
maybe CS go to cover the event officially? hmmm possible?

-_- SO MANY RULES........ somemore need to pay. boo hoo hoo ..... but heng $10 nia. hehehe

Because, in previous years, I believe there were a few incidents involving cosplayers and photographers. Mainly there were reports of photographers who kept pestering for pics when the cosplayer was doing something else (resting, eating etc). And photographers who take photos in inconvenient places, causing blocked passages.

Also got photographers who bend very low to take photos which resulted in 'expose' shots especially with cosplayers in short skirts :nono:

Hence, cosplayers tend to be more wary of photographers nowadays and sometimes cannot blame them really...

Also got photographers who bend very low to take photos which resulted in 'expose' shots especially with cosplayers in short skirts :nono:
rubber band man?????

why cover a event when u need to pay to go in? they should pay us if they needs a photographer's help.:thumbsd:

why cover a event when u need to pay to go in? they should pay us if they needs a photographer's help.:thumbsd:
Shoot them then post small nice photos on their forum site, ask them to pay for bigger one to recover cost :bsmilie:
$12 seem quite a lot, consider S I N was only $10 :sweat:

Shoot them then post small nice photos on their forum site, ask them to pay for bigger one to recover cost :bsmilie:
$12 seem quite a lot, consider S I N was only $10 :sweat:
So far I have not come across photographers at these events who charge the cosplayers for the full res pics. Coz u have to remember most of these cosplayers are in their teens and/or schooling, and they have also forked out quite a bit for their costume materials, so I don't think its fair to ask them to pay for the pictures.

However there was a sort of studio set-up with backdrop and studio lights at last year's event at which cosplayers could have their pic taken (for free I believe...but I am not sure exactly what kind of agreement btw the event organiser and the studio photographer).

Because, in previous years, I believe there were a few incidents involving cosplayers and photographers. Mainly there were reports of photographers who kept pestering for pics when the cosplayer was doing something else (resting, eating etc). And photographers who take photos in inconvenient places, causing blocked passages.

Hence, cosplayers tend to be more wary of photographers nowadays and sometimes cannot blame them really...
Can't be helped lar I guess...nowadays these cosplay events becoming more and more crowded and chaotic, with more and more gawkers and photographers showing up...anything can happen so its good that the organisers take some steps to pre-empt such unpleasant things from happening.

By and large most photogs are well behaved, its usually just a few black sheep at these events that spoil the reputation of photogs in general.

Actually, what made you think they wanted your help??? Assuming too much? :thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.