EOS-R FF Mirrorless

The new firmware has big improvement in Auto Focus. Don't miss this update!!!

My guess is that all along Canon had this better firmware. Even before they sold the RP and R models. The strategy was probably to MILK the customer by introducing the "improvements" in future new camera bodies RP Mk2 and RMk2 after a certain period of time. The aim is to maximise profits. However the dismal sales statistics of the RP and R models has shocked Canon management. Coupled with surge in features advancement by other competing brands that make Canon look technologically inferior. In the past Canon and Nikon were an oligopoly being the top 2 manufacturers and both adopted a practice of milking the customer. By selling a "new" camera in each model series every few years but with only slight improvements. The emergence of Sony mirrorless disrupted this milking practice by Canon and Nikon. Especially by reducing the new product cycle time. Sony introduces new models fast and with vast improvements, not just trivial little refinements.

Reactions: Ah Keong
Yes big improvement for R & RP...installed in RP already

I used both the EOS RP and the EOS R. Both are great cameras from Canon and so far, I have had no complaints. I want to use the M6 Mark II mirrorless as well. Heard it is great!

Reactions: Michaelavaloke2009
It seems that the EF mount will eventually go into history.

My guess is that all along Canon had this better firmware. Even before they sold the RP and R models. The strategy was probably to MILK the customer by introducing the "improvements" in future new camera bodies RP Mk2 and RMk2 after a certain period of time. The aim is to maximise profits. However the dismal sales statistics of the RP and R models has shocked Canon management. Coupled with surge in features advancement by other competing brands that make Canon look technologically inferior. In the past Canon and Nikon were an oligopoly being the top 2 manufacturers and both adopted a practice of milking the customer. By selling a "new" camera in each model series every few years but with only slight improvements. The emergence of Sony mirrorless disrupted this milking practice by Canon and Nikon. Especially by reducing the new product cycle time. Sony introduces new models fast and with vast improvements, not just trivial little refinements.

Every manufacturer will milk its product for best returns as much as possible.
The EOS R and RP are extension of the 6Dm2 and 5Dm4 sharing many similar components. This help Canon come out with a stop-gap measure to reduce people from Jumping ship. So finally we have the all new EOS R5 and R6 this year.

Reactions: Ah Keong