EOS M5 coming before Photokina

Nothing really, just hope that it could process faster thats all... is not as fast on a EF mount itself
That has nothing to do with the lens mount converter. The mount converter is only a piece of metal with pass-through electrical contacts.

That has nothing to do with the lens mount converter. The mount converter is only a piece of metal with pass-through electrical contacts.
So means is the body cannot drive the EF lenses to its full potential then [emoji4]

So means is the body cannot drive the EF lenses to its full potential then [emoji4]
The body and its AF system of EOS-M works differently than the Phase Detection AF system of the EOS bodies. The speed of the former has improved tremendously compared to its initial version, agreed. Still, it is not the same 'snap' effect as with Phase Detection AF system. The question is simply: does it matter for your situation? The image quality is not in question, that's for sure.

The body and its AF system of EOS-M works differently than the Phase Detection AF system of the EOS bodies. The speed of the former has improved tremendously compared to its initial version, agreed. Still, it is not the same 'snap' effect as with Phase Detection AF system. The question is simply: does it matter for your situation? The image quality is not in question, that's for sure.

Indeed. I've tested M5 with Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 OS Sports + 2X extender and the AF was pretty fast.

Anyway after searching on the internet it seems that adapted EF / EF-S lenses will have the issue of IS continuously on when mounted on M3 and for me, M5.

Only solution till date will be turning off IS via switch on the lens. Not sure if Canon will ever release a firmware to address this issue.

Anyway after searching on the internet it seems that adapted EF / EF-S lenses will have the issue of IS continuously on when mounted on M3 and for me, M5.

Only solution till date will be turning off IS via switch on the lens. Not sure if Canon will ever release a firmware to address this issue.

I have encountered my sigma 17-50mm AF continuously moving forward and backward non stop (as if it is seraching to focus on the subject) until I switch off the manual focus then it stop moving. Anyone having this issue?

It is a mounted onto M5 with the adapter.

I have encountered my sigma 17-50mm AF continuously moving forward and backward non stop (as if it is seraching to focus on the subject) until I switch off the manual focus then it stop moving. Anyone having this issue?

Turn off Continuous AF and it will be ok.

Hey guys, new findings...

I'm having trouble with my editing softwares for RAW files taken.by the M5. After updating my dpp, I then able to read the RAW file.

My photoscape now current reads the RAW files but all are pink in color. At 1st, I thought it was just some color issue, but it wasn't. Export the RAWs to jpeg, they are also pink.

Tested with my old RAW files taken from M3, no such issues.

Anyone encounter them? Adobe users?

Hey guys, new findings...

I'm having trouble with my editing softwares for RAW files taken.by the M5. After updating my dpp, I then able to read the RAW file.

My photoscape now current reads the RAW files but all are pink in color. At 1st, I thought it was just some color issue, but it wasn't. Export the RAWs to jpeg, they are also pink.

Tested with my old RAW files taken from M3, no such issues.

Anyone encounter them? Adobe users?
Non-Canon software needs updates as well. Not sure how your work flow is, but I would recommend using DNG files. This format can be read by many editors. Get the Adobe DNG converter, it supports M5:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Switching off the manual focus? Do you mean switching off the Auto Focus on the lens?
I noticed on the demo set in Orient Photo (Sigma 150-600) that the continuous AF is enabled. That means, the camera will continue searching for focus lock in some sort of prediction. The idea is to shorten the time for focus lock by pre-focusing. This of course drives the focus motor and can end up in focus hunting, depending on the situation. Of you disable Continuous AF in menu it stops, but focus lock might take a split second longer. Decide what matters for your situation.

Just to share with photos taken by Canon M5 Kit 1. Freshly 'bake' from SD card

31592209014_19c8744bcd_b.jpg

32057442570_6993450ae4_c.jpg

32314365161_96a07fd2ce_c.jpg

31623629263_4af397fefc_c.jpg

32284154772_32439ce6a5_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ... make me regret for just getting the body

Well @blackwolf, it depends actually. The kit lenses wont get you far and good at low light conditions, or ultimate bokeh.

As for me, im happy with just the body, since it was n upgrade for me from the M3.

Btw anybody needing the EF mount adapter? I have a spare with warrently. Selling off... can pm me if interested [emoji4]

In fact, I owned some lens like 10-20mm and 55-250mm.

The reason i chosse kit 1 is because it ia light in weight and ia easy to move around while travelling.

Can you imaging you mount on 17-55mm lens with M5 body? But if I have 17-55mm, i would prefer to use that as well.

In fact, I owned some lens like 10-20mm and 55-250mm.

The reason i chosse kit 1 is because it ia light in weight and ia easy to move around while travelling.

Can you imaging you mount on 17-55mm lens with M5 body? But if I have 17-55mm, i would prefer to use that as well.

I sold off my 17-55 f2.8 after get my 5dm2 , Now feel a bit heart pain kekekeke

Hi guys,

May I know what is the cheapest price & where to get it for M5 with Kit (15-45mm)?
Thanks in advance

After a long absence from Canon I decided to get the M5, primarily because of its size and image quality it gives. I brought both the 15-45mm and 55-800mm lenses on my recent holiday, and I must say the 55-200mm exceeded my expectations. I am very happy with the shots taken with it. The 14-55mm performed very well too. Good thing I shoot mostly landscapes, as these lenses don't do well with bokeh.

Both shots taken with 55-200mm at Ushuaia, Argentina

32898746292_a1b9e8011f_k.jpg

32672701720_8d7d0c88fe_k.jpg

Last edited:
With 15-45mm. At Montvideo, Uruguay
32820155520_5aec0f1f0f_k.jpg

Antarctica
33139035845_98d0c8399f_k.jpg

Last edited: