rIdBrEaKeRkId

Aug 21, 2008
east site Singapore
Harlo guys..need ur help regarding on which camera is reliable n worth it
between tis 3's:confused:
i luv to shoot landscape n wedding n my budget is around up to 2k:bigeyes:
thankz

Another one?

Have u tried reading this first before asking a similar question? I believe ur doubts should be answered inside

Harlo guys..need ur help regarding on which camera is reliable n worth it
between tis 3's:confused:
i luv to shoot landscape n wedding n my budget is around up to 2k:bigeyes:
thankz

congrats for the generous budget u ve.

its enough to get all the gear u need to get started.

take time to practice the fundamentals once u get your equipment.

ve u come across this site?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

To TS,

May I ask y didn't you include other brand like Sony, Pentax and Olympus?

BTW your budget is oli for Body oli or include lens and flash?

recommend pro kit like Olympus E3(Olympus Pro Body) with ZD12-60 F2.8-4(High Grade lens) and FL50R (can consider a better flash you ever need). kits with free battery grip. Comex selling 3900+

BTW I believe you need flash for wedding photography. :)

Pay more for the pro kit which you need and may not need to upgrade for a long time.

But I believe you can get it cheaper with the same promo outside eg. MS colour.

Last edited:
To TS,

May I ask y didn't you include other brand like Sony, Pentax and Olympus?

I guess it's the poison of excessive marketing :bsmilie:

Get the Nikon D90 when i comes out, lah. Specs-wise that camera looks unbeatable. Sample images on Imaging Resource website looks awesome too.

All three are very capable cameras.

Decide which camera system you want, go into a camera store and handle the different models and try them out. We're all adults here, no need for spoon feeding.

Samuel

Get a 2nd hand 40d for best of value, and a canon ef-s 18-200mm IS or 18-55mm IS & 55-250mm IS coupled with a 430ex.
You wont go wrong.

The 40D is your best bet - best feel and fastest performance by quite a margin. The 450D is feature-rich but if you have big mits, you won't feel very comfortable holding it for long, at least in my experience.

Get the Nikon D90 when i comes out, lah. Specs-wise that camera looks unbeatable. Sample images on Imaging Resource website looks awesome too.

cant say it is unbeatable, D3 is losing out to D90? anyway I think it is great to have video recording feature in a DSLR

All three are very capable cameras.

Decide which camera system you want, go into a camera store and handle the different models and try them out. We're all adults here, no need for spoon feeding.

Samuel

you are right... let him do his own research and that his own choice and shd not have any regret whichever model he choose.

I chose a 40D over a 450D, so...

Don't know too much about the D80 though.

Why not get a feel of both cams and see which one suits you better? It's not so much about what the cam can do (since the D40 and D80 are all reliable), and images really depends on your own style. So get one that feels more comfortable and look to expand your gear!

Status
Not open for further replies.