Not open for further replies.

surfingballoons24

Aug 17, 2006
Hi guys

Any advice on these?

EOS 40D kit II (EF S17-85 IS USM)
or
EOS 40D kit I (EF S18-55)

I was wondering how much difference are lens with or without an image stabilizers, especially with non-tele focal lens.

should get kit I and get a llonger lens without IS later
or
just get kit II?

tks

the kit 1 shld come with IS on the new lens. pls check before purchasing. both lens shld come with IS for the 40D.

Buy the body and EF-S 17-55 F2.8 IS :devil: This is the ultimate walkaround kit.;p

Just got the 40D and I've to say the 17-55 has exceeded my expectations. Maybe mine's a little low though..
But frankly, it does feel rather plasticky and cheapo. But I can sure live with that.

So, whats the recomedation?
Kit I or II?
any comments on the 17-85 IS lens?

just get the cheapest set up and upgrade from there. the new 18-55 has improved image quality and image stabilizer so you will probably use it most of the time.

just get the cheapest set up and upgrade from there. the new 18-55 has improved image quality and image stabilizer so you will probably use it most of the time.

you sure the Kit comes with the 18-55 IS lens?

tks

its pretty decent. my first lens. didnt like the distortion on it. other than that, for the price, i think it is pretty good considering u get IS and USM and the focal length is very useful for the crop sensor.

Why buy such a beautiful camera with such a cheap lens? Don't go with the kit lens. Your money can be well spent on other better lens. I have also been told by quite a few people that they are trying to push the kit lens because it's cheap and no one wants it. Hence the drop in price. Go to any retailer who sells these cameras and ask how many of the kit lens they have in stock. Most people, myself included, just bought the body and upgraded to a better lens. Good luck to you.

a lot of buyers are upgrading from previous cameras.... and i think there's a lack of body-only sets, hence retailers may unbundle the kit lenses to sell the bodies. this doesn't mean the lenses are no good though. anyway, cheap doesn't mean no good. the 17-85 IS is comparable if not better than the "old" 28-135 IS which was a pretty popular and good lens despite its "cheapness".

not good? in what sense not good? at the price most shops are selling, tell me what lens is better than this?

I don't know man, he was just saying.
I have no idea, just wondering.
I do travel and take shots of kiteboarding and surfing quite abit.
new advice on water proof housing too.

btw what do think of Sigma Lens?

I don't know man, he was just saying.
I have no idea, just wondering.
I do travel and take shots of kiteboarding and surfing quite abit.
new advice on water proof housing too.

btw what do think of Sigma Lens?

get a 3rd party if there is no canon equivalent. u buy canon for the whole system, not just the camera body. defeats the purpose of buying canon if u gonna invest in 3rd party stuff. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.