EOS 30D newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenghong

Sep 17, 2006
hello guys

This is my first time posting a thread in here !
For the past few weeks, i have be coming in here to read about canon DSLR, wondering which to invest, a 350D or a 30D, when the 400D came out, i was a bit excited about it.
but when i really get to hold the 400D with my huge hands, my mind was set to get myself the 30D, this serves as a start in my photography journey and I finally bought my first DSLR, the 30D.
I wish to thanks all fellow members who had shared their valuable opinion and i am truly grateful.
I will be attending the pss courses in due time. can't wait to ultilise the 30D
Cheers

enjoy your new camera~!!:)

hey guys,

I am wondering whether there is a need to use those protective LCD screen sticker, to protect against scratches ???? Like most of us who use it for our handphone ????
i bought one today, but i screwed up, bubbles can been seen, so i am really thinking twice in getting anoter one, or maybe i ask those experience shop owner to paste it for me .
Thanks for the advice

wenghong said:
hey guys,

I am wondering whether there is a need to use those protective LCD screen sticker, to protect against scratches ???? Like most of us who use it for our handphone ????
i bought one today, but i screwed up, bubbles can been seen, so i am really thinking twice in getting anoter one, or maybe i ask those experience shop owner to paste it for me .
Thanks for the advice

I did attach the lcd screen sticker to my ex 300D, and i found it very useful, no complaint about bubbles at all. btw i'm going to get my 30D soon and i will definately attach the lcd screen sticker as well

wenghong said:
hey guys,

Thanks for the advice

Yes, when you buy from the same shop, ask them to paste the LCD sticker for you. If got problem, they will give you a 2nd piece. If they ask you to pay for the spoilt 1st piece, complain to CASE and don't pay $$$ and walk away.

There no need for the LCD screen protector. I was told that the LCD screen itself is already protected by a layer of clear plastic piece, when you send in for servicing Canon technicians will vacumn-suck out the plastic piece and replace it.

But then again another layer of protection won't do you any harm, just let it be done by the shop sales so if any imperfection you know who to find! :bsmilie:

wenghong said:
hey guys,

Thanks for the advice

Why are getting worried over trivial things like that? Scratches are bound to come by be it the screen or anywhere on the camera. It would be more fulfilling to start learning how to make full use of your camera. You can start by reading the manual.

Kit said:
Why are getting worried over trivial things like that? Scratches are bound to come by be it the screen or anywhere on the camera. It would be more fulfilling to start learning how to make full use of your camera. You can start by reading the manual.

totally agree!;)

Anyone noticed that LCD protector makes blury look? Preview only. Sorry for my English:D

hey guys,

I did the LCD protector in sim lim yesterday, at the podium area. There is no exact size for my 30D, however the stall owner got me a bigger piece and cut it using the chopping board. It fit pretty okay. there isn't any blurry look for the preview though. Cost me $15.
I was told that alan has the customised exact size screen protector at the price of $40. I am not sure how true it is ?

wenghong said:
hey guys,
Thanks for the advice

hi ... same thing happened to me ...
pasted the protector onto the LCD ... but felt the position a bit out so .... took it "out" and redo ... then bubbles appear! now it's so freaking ugly ... such an eye-sore!!

ya ya ... it's all coz of my itchy fingers lah ... ahahaha :bsmilie:

me think better go ask shop uncle to paste for u ... more pro mah :p

fotojoy said:
hi ... same thing happened to me ...
pasted the protector onto the LCD ... but felt the position a bit out so .... took it "out" and redo ... then bubbles appear! now it's so freaking ugly ... such an eye-sore!!

ya ya ... it's all coz of my itchy fingers lah ... ahahaha :bsmilie:

me think better go ask shop uncle to paste for u ... more pro mah :p

use any card and push the bubbles away.

wenghong said:
hey guys,

I did the LCD protector in sim lim yesterday, at the podium area. There is no exact size for my 30D, however the stall owner got me a bigger piece and cut it using the chopping board. It fit pretty okay. there isn't any blurry look for the preview though. Cost me $15.
I was told that alan has the customised exact size screen protector at the price of $40. I am not sure how true it is ?

I got mine from Alan Photo too.. $12.00 nia... some Japan Brand LCD protector film, not bad, I think its good... AP is a good shoop to go too but please bargain abit... My friend got the same protector film as me from AP for $18.00... He was pissed...:bigeyes:

I am also a 30D user... hehehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.