Eos 3000d ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michhy

Oct 21, 2005
created to compete against D50 and D70... utilizing a 6mp sensor
anyone else heard the "rumour" ?

sounds interesting

I've seen the pic before quite a long time ago. Its body design is similar to EOS 300X and features a plastic body with plastic lens mount. Price is said to be around S$900 new.

For those who wants to have their first foray in DSLR photography.

Seriously, it's supposed to be Canon's answer to Nikon's D50 and D70.
I think it's a good move by Canon, but I also read the 3000D would NOT have RAW... that's so dissappointing! :eek:

michhy said:
I think it's a good move by Canon, but I also read the 3000D would NOT have RAW... that's so dissappointing! :eek:
For people to PnS no need RAW mar..

JediForce4ever said:
For people to PnS no need RAW mar..

Quite true, I think RAW is not needed since most people just convert it to TIFF directly without adjusting anything from the RAW file. Do you?

michhy said:
Well, entry level mar.

michhy said:
Quite true, I think RAW is not needed since most people just convert it to TIFF directly without adjusting anything from the RAW file. Do you?
I think most of the casual shooters prefer to use JPEG and not RAW. Most of them would not be bothered to PP the images anyway. Maybe they treat it like PnS, shoot liao, dump into harddisk, and upload to web.

IMO i think RAW's quality is better than TIFF as RAW extracts the uncompressed image taken directly from the sensor.

Snoweagle said:
IMO i think RAW's quality is better than TIFF as RAW extracts the uncompressed image taken directly from the sensor.

No doubt about this. RAW is like the negatives in the film world.
How you process your RAW files plays a major role,
and each RAW converter for the same RAW file may produce different results.

I just beg to differ on "JediForce4ever"'s opinion on most people buying the 3000D and use it as a PnS. I mean, who in their right mind would buy a heavy, bulky and "boring" (just ask my girl friends) looking SLR camera just so he/she can shoot PnS photos? :sweat:

michhy said:

I just beg to differ on "JediForce4ever"'s opinion on most people buying the 3000D and use it as a PnS. I mean, who in their right mind would buy a heavy, bulky and "boring" (just ask my girl friends) looking SLR camera just so he/she can shoot PnS photos? :sweat:

I strongly agree...if want to get a point-and-shoot, i might as well go for the powershot A series of cameras.

Garion said:
Maybe they treat it like PnS, shoot liao, dump into harddisk, and upload to web.

But these people would be buying PnS cameras and not SLRs, right? :dunno:
It's dissappointing that Canon *may* not include RAW support in the 3000D.
But maybe there'll be a hack soon that will enable it back, lol :think:

The fact is the the 3000D is for those are are just stepping into the world of DSLR photography. Similar for those entering film SLR photography, it's the EOS 500N or EOS 300.

Snoweagle said:
The fact is the the 3000D is for those are are just stepping into the world of DSLR photography. Similar for those entering film SLR photography, it's the EOS 500N or EOS 300.

I'm excited :)
Coz I'm considering a dSLR for the better sensor (not the lense, YET)
Dont really mind it being entry-level, but no RAW output is a pain,
as I perform PS on most photos.

michhy said:
I'm excited :)
Coz I'm considering a dSLR for the better sensor (not the lense, YET)
Dont really mind it being entry-level, but no RAW output is a pain,
as I perform PS on most photos.

In that case why not consider the EOS 350D? Though more expensive but have far better features. Only thing similar to these 2 cams is the size. For larger hands it can be cumbersome to hold so must get grip.

michhy said:

Maybe you are right....
But there are still some with the ''DSLRs can produce better images than PnS'' mindset, and thus, they jump into DSLRs without much consideration.
Canon seems to be producing smaller and smaller bodies. So who knows, the 3000D might just be as small as the S2IS or slightly bigger.:)

JediForce4ever said:
there are still some with the ''DSLRs can produce better images than PnS'' mindset, and thus, they jump into DSLRs without much consideration.

Hey, I never thought of that. You're right too :think:
No thanks to aggressive advertising though :(

michhy said:
Hey, I never thought of that. You're right too :think:
No thanks to aggressive advertising though :(
But think of it..if the 3000D is released and it proves to be very popular....the price of the 350D will drop:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.