EOS 30 vs EOS 30V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

what is the difference between the 30 and 30V?

Which is worth buying?

Eh.....

Can someone help?

specs:
eos 30v - http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/2004-/data/2004_eos7s_s.html
eos 30 - http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/2000-/data/2000_eos7_s.html

major diff: eos 30v has e-ttl II and faster af.

i haven't seen many eos 30v in b&s - only 1 recently. new costs around $730 so maybe not worth since quite a number of 2nd hand eos 30 available. if you don't care for eye control, can also consider eos 33 (or eos 33v).

hahaa, you talking about my fav camera of all time :)

In terms of 'hardware' , the EOS30 is more 'well built' than the EOS30V because the 30V is the 2nd last slr from Canon and they really learnt a lot of cost cutting throughout their history.hahaa

anyway, between the 2 , the V version is still 'better' becasue the AF and ECF algorithms have been improved - a little. The other major difference is the new E-TTL program and illuminated LCD display - VERY USEFUL.

Lucky Canon din make a new grip - so both V and non-V versions share the same battery pack.

However, if it is the first ever camera you are going to own, then also consider the EOS300X. This is the LAST SLR by Canon ( barring a EOS 1V MkII ) and most of the important specs are similar to the EOS30 series.

DT:)

dreamtheatre said:

In terms of 'hardware' , the EOS30 is more 'well built' than the EOS30V because the 30V is the 2nd last slr from Canon and they really learnt a lot of cost cutting throughout their history.hahaa

anyway, between the 2 , the V version is still 'better' becasue the AF and ECF algorithms have been improved - a little. The other major difference is the new E-TTL program and illuminated LCD display - VERY USEFUL.

Lucky Canon din make a new grip - so both V and non-V versions share the same battery pack.

However, if it is the first ever camera you are going to own, then also consider the EOS300X. This is the LAST SLR by Canon ( barring a EOS 1V MkII ) and most of the important specs are similar to the EOS30 series.

u sure?:sweat:

cos i m using EOS300X. i tot EOS30 is way betta!!:dunno: :sweat:

dreamtheatre said:

Yah.... I thought 30V is better than 300X... though I did consider 300X....

Anyone else has any recommendations? 30V or 300X? Of course there is a price difference lah... but in term of specs.... how far apart is it?

kevyan said:
Yah.... I thought 30V is better than 300X... though I did consider 300X....

Anyone else has any recommendations? 30V or 300X? Of course there is a price difference lah... but in term of specs.... how far apart is it?

consider the feel also, the 3x series has got very good feel, i think it's better than my current 10D as well.

had a 500n before, but the plastic is very flimsy and it even peeled off before. The 3xx series is slightly better and pack more features too.

if you are just taking film, and since film is dying, no point spending too much on the film body. Get a second hand 3x series.

i got d EOS 300X base on d believe tt digital is still marred by technical glitches here & there(months back!). IMO, it was d best of wads new & cheap.

tot EOS 30 is a major upgrade till i saw d diff between EOS 30V & EOS 30. anyway EOS 300X is gd enough 4 me & m happy using it till now. sure, there r times wen d buy-buy-buy bug eggs me 4 an upgrade...:bsmilie:

focusing speed is really fast used w/ my Tamron 28-200mm on AI Focus!!;p

sORe-EyEz said:
i got d EOS 300X base on d believe tt digital is still marred by technical glitches here & there(months back!). IMO, it was d best of wads new & cheap.

tot EOS 30 is a major upgrade till i saw d diff between EOS 30V & EOS 30. anyway EOS 300X is gd enough 4 me & m happy using it till now. sure, there r times wen d buy-buy-buy bug eggs me 4 an upgrade...:bsmilie:

focusing speed is really fast used w/ my Tamron 28-200mm on AI Focus!!;p

:think: "...happy using it till now."..... till now? Meaning there is something you are not happy with the camera till now that you realise?

Hmm.... tempted to upgrade to 300X already.... budget..... currently I have a 66....

Films will not died out completely, it will becomes a niche in photography.
BTW if you use to shoot film 80-90%, then get the 30V, if you already have a digital SLR and wanted a film SLR than get a second hand 30V.

Moonstone said:
Films will not died out completely, it will becomes a niche in photography.
BTW if you use to shoot film 80-90%, then get the 30V, if you already have a digital SLR and wanted a film SLR than get a second hand 30V.

Heehee.... I only have a 66 and PowerShot S2.

So.... 30V/2nd 30V or 300X? :dunno:

kevyan said:
Heehee.... I only have a 66 and PowerShot S2.

So.... 30V/2nd 30V or 300X? :dunno:

See which one is within your budget. BTW are you going to stop using or sell away the EOS 66? If so, you must put into consideration if the 300X has better features than your 66. If you intend to keep the 66 than no point getting a camera that has the same performance as your previous camera, you only create duplicates.:)

Moonstone said:
See which one is within your budget. BTW are you going to stop using or sell away the EOS 66? If so, you must put into consideration if the 300X has better features than your 66. If you intend to keep the 66 than no point getting a camera that has the same performance as your previous camera, you only create duplicates.:)

300X specs is much better than 66.

But I can't sell away my 66 because no $ value liao....

Guess you've make up your mind to purchase the 300X? But give yourself a chance by trying both 300X and 30V in the shop before your final purchase. Things like AF speed, view-finder dim or brighter, appearance: which form or design you like, mirror slapping sound: too loud for you pref. Handling (grip too small), etc.

Moonstone said:
Guess you've make up your mind to purchase the 300X? But give yourself a chance by trying both 300X and 30V in the shop before your final purchase. Things like AF speed, view-finder dim or brighter, appearance: which form or design you like, mirror slapping sound: too loud for you pref. Handling (grip too small), etc.

Well, I love to have 30V, but due to budget, it seems like 300X is the way.

One reason why I want to upgrade from my 66 is because of the AF speed, 300X is faster, moreover, for 300X, I can attached the battery grip with additional shutter release where the 66 cannot.

I think Canon has stop their SLR models already right...? 30V....300X... etc are their last SLR models?

kevyan said:
:think: "...happy using it till now."..... till now? Meaning there is something you are not happy with the camera till now that you realise?

Hmm.... tempted to upgrade to 300X already.... budget..... currently I have a 66....

eh, i mean still m happy using it, not tt "there is something you are not happy with the camera till now that you realise". meaning totally opposite lol.:sweat:

sORe-EyEz said:
eh, i mean still m happy using it, not tt "there is something you are not happy with the camera till now that you realise". meaning totally opposite lol.:sweat:

Ok..ok...:sweat: sorri..sorri...

CP just quoted my $470 for 300X...

kevyan said:
Well, I love to have 30V, but due to budget, it seems like 300X is the way.

One reason why I want to upgrade from my 66 is because of the AF speed, 300X is faster, moreover, for 300X, I can attached the battery grip with additional shutter release where the 66 cannot.

I think Canon has stop their SLR models already right...? 30V....300X... etc are their last SLR models?

Yes. 300X is their latest SLR.:)

Moonstone said:
Yes. 300X is their latest SLR.:)

Okay... latest... but is it the last?

Status
Not open for further replies.