EOS 30 PC sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Jan 20, 2002
Visit site
Bought the 3rd Party PC sync adaptor from CP today to try on my Studio Flash. But it cannot work. The manual says nothing about using other flashes except the Canon Speedlites.
Am I stuck with no other choice but to get a Canon that comes with PC sync socket like the 1, 3 or 5?
:(

You could try using an $18 slave trigger to trigger your studio flash. It should have a PC-sync port where you can plug in the PC-sync cable from your studio flash.

In turn, you need to trigger off the slave trigger using the camera flash. I'm not sure if EOS 30 is TTL or E-TTL. If it is TTL, then you can just use the on-board flash as a trigger. If E-TTL, then you need to get a cheap non-dedicated flash, mount that on the hotshoe, cover it with some exposed slide film, and use that as a trigger.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
You could try using an $18 slave trigger to trigger your studio flash. It should have a PC-sync port where you can plug in the PC-sync cable from your studio flash.

In turn, you need to trigger off the slave trigger using the camera flash. I'm not sure if EOS 30 is TTL or E-TTL. If it is TTL, then you can just use the on-board flash as a trigger. If E-TTL, then you need to get a cheap non-dedicated flash, mount that on the hotshoe, cover it with some exposed slide film, and use that as a trigger.

eos 30 built in flash is non ETTL so why not pop up the built in flash and then use it as a trigger as memtioned above

Thanks gentlemen for your suggestions, I have solved the problem already. The adaptor that was sold to me is a Nikon X-shoe PC terminal adaptor that is why it did'nt work.
For once I thought that there was no way to use any adaptor to connect to the studio flash heads. Today I happened to service my flash heads and tested out on a real 3rd party adaptor(Kaiser) and it worked.

Anyway the built in flash of the EOS 30 or any EX sppeedlites are not supposed to work to trigger the studio flashes because it has a feature like a preflash (similar to my E-10) or modelling flash which fires 1st.
It will result in a very underexpose picture.

Thanks for being helpful, I appreciate that.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.