EOS 20D or Nikon D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
What is your opinion should I Buy 20D or D70 as my 2nd Camera.

I own nikon system with some of Nikon lenses. But I intent to do macro photography using Canon 20D and Canon 180mm lenses with new canon flash.
Please gave your views as I do intent to switch system later down the road.

Thanks
abdul.

maybe let us know what's your main camera? Not sure of your reasons for switching but I would say just stick with Nikon.

Since you have a Nikon system, it's better to have the D70. Don't think it is worth just getting a 20D for macro. If you really want a Canon system camera perhaps you might want to consider getting a 2nd hand 10D/D60/D30 to do the "macro" shoot. :D

Thanks. Main Camera D100 and F100.

airforce1 said:
Thanks. Main Camera D100 and F100.

Then stick to Nikon and get a macro lens, D70 is pretty good.

Huh?! Nikon don't make macro lenses????????????? :nono:
Only Canon 20D have macro lenses?
Haha..you must be kidding!

Abdul, is there any special reason for wanting to pick up the Canon system?

It's economical sense to own only one system be it Nikon or Canon. But hey if you got the mean get the best of both system then why not.

How I wish to have both system..... but unfortunately :cry:

IMHO, the camera is only as good as the photographer using it.
doesnt matter what system you use.
ok fine canon is a little ahead in terms of technology, nikon's lens are renowned to be super sharp, i give that to you.
you got a few nikon lens, why not stick with nikon?
from my point of view, canon has more bang for buck. me being heavily influenced by my dad, wanted to buy a nikonf60.. and i was rather dissapointed to find out that for the same amount of money a canon cam has DOF preview,port for remote control and double exposure mode.
"bang for buck".
but in return...my f60 served me well for over 4 years, solid built, heavy cam.
but still i switched to a 20d cuz of the bang for buck reason.
..whatever floats your boat

Actually my hand itchy,I am being influenced by America Nature online where majority of well known Nature photo used 20D with Canon 180mm lenses.
Their pictures influenced me and Canon is ahead in technology and worth the money.

Nikon, I think is always expensive regardless what technology they introduced.

Thanks all for the opinions.

Abdul

Canon 180mm and Nikon 200mm macro, which one is a better lens? :dunno:

honestly I don't know...and I have only heard good comments on both lenses.

IMO, you no need to buy the D70 or 20D, just get a 200mm macro lens and stick it to your current D100. ;)

well heres something for you, my studio photography teacher who is a pro wedding photographer tan ngiap heng, recently just switched to a canon eos 1d mk2.
he's got enough nikkor lenses to sink a ship... so he's really bitting the bullet.

Yeah that was good one" Buy 200mm macro lenses" instead of the camera.

Cheers
Abdul

btw airforce1, you may want to read this similar thread in dpreview. i think its pretty informative too.

zig said:
well heres something for you, my studio photography teacher who is a pro wedding photographer tan ngiap heng, recently just switched to a canon eos 1d mk2.
he's got enough nikkor lenses to sink a ship... so he's really bitting the bullet.

yup he's selling his kodak as well.. but he's pro... can well afford it lor. hehheh.. envy sial!!!

;)

A comment I read recently in a TW forum...

用Nikon是死路一條。Canon有拷貝機在撐腰,有的是錢。研發都比Nikon要早兩年以上。對焦速度又快很多。

National Geographic, Sports Illustrated等等幾乎全把Nikon給扔了。

我也在今年初把許多鏡頭及F4拋了,換成Canon的

Status
Not open for further replies.