EOS 1v or F5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

agape01

Feb 13, 2003
Somewhere Out There
Visit site
Just curious enough to ask this question.

If you have the choice of two, which one will you choose and why would you choose the one that you have selected.

No point throwing in other brands like Leica or any other brand like that.

Just curious enough to ask this question.

If you have the choice of two, which one will you choose and why would you choose the one that you have selected.

No point throwing in other brands like Leica or any other brand like that.

1v....for the design....and 45 AF pts. 10 FPS with booster.

........tough one. would go with the F5 though.

Anyway was just curious why start a discussion on cameras that have obviously been eclipsed by their newer and more advanced digital 'siblings'. That said, i still swear by my film body, possibly due to my perception that film still better.

I go for 1V but too bad canon will never come up with 1v mark II

hmmm...perturb question...why would u consider the body first before the system? I dun suppose this 2 models can help u to decide. Many years ago I also ask myself this question, but photography is not about bodies itself. So unless u are at a point where someone is going to give u either one of these bodies, if not u should have a lot more factors to consider.

To answer u simply, I would prefer F5 body but I prefer Canon systems overall. That is why I ended up with a 1v. I've not shoot with a F5 before but my studies back then concluded they are an edge over each other and I prefer the 3D metering of the F5.

Having said that, 1v had not fail me for the past decade be it under -30 degree c or above 40 degree c, dropped, knock my body have scratches but performance still as day 1.

I guess u can never go wrong with any of these bodies.

Actually i am also curious ... if take one EOS 1V and knock against one F5 ... which one will still there ... or which one see no bone liao ? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.