Entry Level DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't bother to read the other suggestions, but here's a tip:

Don't ever, EVER, buy optics from Courts.

I just came back from the Courts Megastore @ Tampines 2 hours ago, and I checked the prices for the bodies / lenses sold.

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II @ S$160, instead of the usual S$110 - S$130.
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L @ S$1700, instead of the usual S$1000 - S$1100.
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L @ S$1400+, instead of the usual S$1100 - S$1200.

People who buy from there are either dumb, or have just got into photography and couldn't be bothered to do their homework price research.
Courts sells at Canon retail price, which is higher than the street price offered by J3:16 or Cathay.

but courts offers like installment plans and stuff rite?

anway, sry borrow thread, i'm a student and looking to get an Entry-level DSLR too... but won't be able to pay cash.. any suggestions? im not that demanding.. kit lens will do... i was aiming the D40/x or the 400D...

You may want to consider the Olympus, Pentax and Sony cams too... Great cameras at good prices.

but courts offers like installment plans and stuff rite?

anway, sry borrow thread, i'm a student and looking to get an Entry-level DSLR too... but won't be able to pay cash.. any suggestions? im not that demanding.. kit lens will do... i was aiming the D40/x or the 400D...

As mentioned so many times already... GO try the cameras out. Handle then and see which you favour. Then make a smart read-up on the whole system. Flash, lenses, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.