entry level dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_84

Mar 18, 2004
bukit batok
hi all, i'm torn between getting D50/D40/350D.
can any of the users of the a/m 3 cams provide some comments ?

is there any real difference between canon and nikon photos produced by these 3 various cams ?

there are some users of 350D mentioning that the pics are rather blant.
could it be due to the lens kit ?

i need some enlightment, please. :confused:

i have owned D50 for a short time, and found that it is very similar to D70s and to D40. for 350D it is slightly darker abit.

What you mean by bland? Yea maybe the default image parametrers do need some help in bumping out the saturation/contrast but shoot RAW and all your problems are solved :D (well most related to contrast/punch colours)

Been using a 350D for more than a year now and it has been serving me well. But yes i must say the canon kit lens is quite bad unless stopped down 1 stop or so.

some kit examples
364126048_9039c2f65b.jpg

Sharpness is not an issue and colours can be bumped back :)
337099942_de3f6d5a58.jpg

That said if you can just get a 17-50 or 16-50 2.8 from the third party manufacturers :D. I use a 17-40 cause I want full and 1.3 crop compatibility in all my lenses.

What you mean by bland? Yea maybe the default image parametrers do need some help in bumping out the saturation/contrast but shoot RAW and all your problems are solved :D (well most related to contrast/punch colours)

Been using a 350D for more than a year now and it has been serving me well. But yes i must say the canon kit lens is quite bad unless stopped down 1 stop or so.

Sharpness is not an issue and colours can be bumped back :)

That said if you can just get a 17-50 or 16-50 2.8 from the third party manufacturers :D. I use a 17-40 cause I want full and 1.3 crop compatibility in all my lenses.

you mean by adjusting the default image parameters to +1 in the camera itself or in photoshop colour setting?

you mean by adjusting the default image parameters to +1 in the camera itself or in photoshop colour setting?
I think both will work, but of cos photoshop give you more choices and much more powerful in controlling

If i dont want to post process much i normally have +2 +1 +2 +0 and shoot in jpg. Disadvantage is that you haev a much higher chance of blowing highlight details or losing shadows.. If not its raw and I can adjust it to whatever I want later. Photoshop does offer MUCH more control though and unless its an event I normally use photoshop for the finishing touches.

oh yah, between the flash raised assist AF of the 350D and just the AF assist of D40.
since 350D flash is electronically activated, could this be a slower AF procedure as compared to the D40 AF only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.