enthusiast Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hi im new to this forum.
Anyway, may i know what are popular places i can get photographic courses?
And does anyone have any comments on Nikon D50
Lastly, what are popular DSLRs for enthusiasts(beginner)?

Hi welcome to this forum
Photograhic course? Advise you to shoot and shoot and shoot for few months first before taking up any courses.
Nikon D50? :thumbsup:
DSLR? I recommend Canon 350D and Nikon D50.

welcome! :)

u can try stanley lim colour centre SLCC for courses under the courses forum.

popular DSLRs are D50, D70s and 350D. u can try minolta 5D too. anti shake and its cheap!:thumbsup:

Thanks...im nt really a fan of minolta anyway.....i think i'll stick with the D50 i was comparing the specs with canon's 350d....check it out a good photog website: dpreview.com
anyway, i been taking photos for abt a year le....so i wanna try to learn a few tricks as its the holidays now.....

Btw, how to make my photos more " warm".....i lack humans!!....i like taking flowers and stuff but nt humans.......any way i can solve this problem??

SLCC Basic Photography.... upzzzzz... conduct by Wei Liang....
Just finish my course. Start with film then to digital...:thumbsup:

seanlim said:
Thanks...im nt really a fan of minolta anyway.....i think i'll stick with the D50 i was comparing the specs with canon's 350d....check it out a good photog website: dpreview.com
anyway, i been taking photos for abt a year le....so i wanna try to learn a few tricks as its the holidays now.....

Btw, how to make my photos more " warm".....i lack humans!!....i like taking flowers and stuff but nt humans.......any way i can solve this problem??

i shoot & shoot oso still got same prob. :sweat:

my photography course instructor say my pics give v de cold feeling.

i tot "hey, ttz cool wad". :bsmilie: jus shoot more of wad u like, i so far nv hear a pro can shoot A-Z :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wan. a hobby is meant 2 b enjoyed!:)

haha... cos lanscape no emotions wads...

human.. very difficult... needa capture the moment and thought... hiaz... skill lor.

Ask espn la... pro... hehehe

Where to find gd photog shops?....cathay photos,.....excelssoir...etc etc

Joel Lyn said:

Yeah PRO in crapping, see my post count you know I never shoot but whole day talk a lot, thats' all.

espn said:
Yeah PRO in crapping, see my post count you know I never shoot but whole day talk a lot, thats' all.

at least u got all d answers. ;p

i anti-social mah, ttz y dun really shoot ppl! :sweatsm:

Joel Lyn said:
haha... cos lanscape no emotions wads...

human.. very difficult... needa capture the moment and thought... hiaz... skill lor.

ya ppl difficult, cos most make it so? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

*oie, u all make my task v siong ler!!* :faint:

hey... i take photos too leh... hee hee

seanlim said:
Hi im new to this forum.
There are several places which u can go & take courses.

My advice is for u to get ur first camera, work within ur budget to get the best bang for buck, and pop out often to shoot before taking courses.

Reason for that? Some ppl learn things fast, some ppl learn things slow. I'm sure u don't want to think urself as a fast learner and see ur jaw drop the moment u hear all the technical terms being used. Its best to have a basic grasp of the technicalities first before enrolling in any course so that u can better appreciate it.

Places like SLCC do have beginner courses at reasonable costs with nice & experienced instructors. :)

As for camera? Get what u think is great. Canon, Nikon, Minolta... these are all pretty established brands.

Hilarion Goh is conducting a short session on travel photography. Fees is at $50.00 (i think with refreshments). You can bring your cam and pictures along to get some of his comments.

Here's the link: http://www.juztalents.com/photographycourse/web.htm

This has nothing to do with me. I got it in my email from a friend. Read your post and thought you might like to give it a try. :)

God bless,

Daniel

seanlim said:
Hi im new to this forum.

go to the library and read all the photography books first. Good books to start are those beginner level books. You can really learn a lot from the library and it is free!! :D :D :D

For course maybe you can try look for those conduct by community center i think is cheapper. Simei got if i not wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.