enthusiast Beginner


Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#1
Hi im new to this forum.
Anyway, may i know what are popular places i can get photographic courses?
And does anyone have any comments on Nikon D50
Lastly, what are popular DSLRs for enthusiasts(beginner)?
 

xotic

New Member
Oct 5, 2005
110
0
0
#2
Hi welcome to this forum
Photograhic course? Advise you to shoot and shoot and shoot for few months first before taking up any courses.
Nikon D50? :thumbsup:
DSLR? I recommend Canon 350D and Nikon D50.
 

Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
33
Clementi
#3
welcome! :)

u can try stanley lim colour centre SLCC for courses under the courses forum.

popular DSLRs are D50, D70s and 350D. u can try minolta 5D too. anti shake and its cheap!:thumbsup:
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#4
Thanks...im nt really a fan of minolta anyway.....i think i'll stick with the D50 i was comparing the specs with canon's 350d....check it out a good photog website: dpreview.com
anyway, i been taking photos for abt a year le....so i wanna try to learn a few tricks as its the holidays now.....

Btw, how to make my photos more " warm".....i lack humans!!....i like taking flowers and stuff but nt humans.......any way i can solve this problem??
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#8
seanlim said:
Thanks...im nt really a fan of minolta anyway.....i think i'll stick with the D50 i was comparing the specs with canon's 350d....check it out a good photog website: dpreview.com
anyway, i been taking photos for abt a year le....so i wanna try to learn a few tricks as its the holidays now.....

Btw, how to make my photos more " warm".....i lack humans!!....i like taking flowers and stuff but nt humans.......any way i can solve this problem??
i shoot & shoot oso still got same prob. :sweat:

my photography course instructor say my pics give v de cold feeling.

i tot "hey, ttz cool wad". :bsmilie: jus shoot more of wad u like, i so far nv hear a pro can shoot A-Z :thumbsup: :thumbsup: wan. a hobby is meant 2 b enjoyed!:)
 

Joel Lyn

New Member
Apr 18, 2005
98
0
0
29
Bishan
#9
haha... cos lanscape no emotions wads...

human.. very difficult... needa capture the moment and thought... hiaz... skill lor.

Ask espn la... pro... hehehe
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#11
Where to find gd photog shops?....cathay photos,.....excelssoir...etc etc
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#12
Joel Lyn said:
Ask espn la... pro... hehehe

Yeah PRO in crapping, see my post count you know I never shoot but whole day talk a lot, thats' all.
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#13
espn said:
Yeah PRO in crapping, see my post count you know I never shoot but whole day talk a lot, thats' all.
at least u got all d answers. ;p

i anti-social mah, ttz y dun really shoot ppl! :sweatsm:
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#14
Joel Lyn said:
haha... cos lanscape no emotions wads...

human.. very difficult... needa capture the moment and thought... hiaz... skill lor.

Ask espn la... pro... hehehe
ya ppl difficult, cos most make it so? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

*oie, u all make my task v siong ler!!* :faint:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#16
seanlim said:
Hi im new to this forum.
Anyway, may i know what are popular places i can get photographic courses?
And does anyone have any comments on Nikon D50
Lastly, what are popular DSLRs for enthusiasts(beginner)?
There are several places which u can go & take courses.

My advice is for u to get ur first camera, work within ur budget to get the best bang for buck, and pop out often to shoot before taking courses.

Reason for that? Some ppl learn things fast, some ppl learn things slow. I'm sure u don't want to think urself as a fast learner and see ur jaw drop the moment u hear all the technical terms being used. Its best to have a basic grasp of the technicalities first before enrolling in any course so that u can better appreciate it.

Places like SLCC do have beginner courses at reasonable costs with nice & experienced instructors. :)

As for camera? Get what u think is great. Canon, Nikon, Minolta... these are all pretty established brands.
 

#17
Hilarion Goh is conducting a short session on travel photography. Fees is at $50.00 (i think with refreshments). You can bring your cam and pictures along to get some of his comments.

Here's the link: http://www.juztalents.com/photographycourse/web.htm

This has nothing to do with me. I got it in my email from a friend. Read your post and thought you might like to give it a try. :)

God bless,

Daniel

seanlim said:
Hi im new to this forum.
Anyway, may i know what are popular places i can get photographic courses?
And does anyone have any comments on Nikon D50
Lastly, what are popular DSLRs for enthusiasts(beginner)?
 

gary wong

New Member
Sep 3, 2005
22
0
0
#18
go to the library and read all the photography books first. Good books to start are those beginner level books. You can really learn a lot from the library and it is free!! :D :D :D
 

fatjp

Senior Member
Apr 19, 2005
725
0
16
37
Khatib
fatjp.livejournal.com
#19
For course maybe you can try look for those conduct by community center i think is cheapper. Simei got if i not wrong
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom