Enquiry on Photo Size

cadefox

Aug 18, 2010
Sengkang
cadefox.multiply.com
Hi would like to know if i take photo using jpeg format. what is the actual size if i wanted to develop it?? izit R4 size ???

It's about dimensions, not file format. Know the dimensions of your photo, know the dimensions of R4 (and R3, etc etc etc etc) and you'll easily be able to know the answer with Primary 4 maths.

Hint: It's not about shooting RAW or JPEG.

OO ok so if i shoot a photo then i wanted it to be R4 size, I need to use photo shop to convert the photo into R4 Size rite ?? or just simply go to the photo developing shop and pass the Thumb drive to the lady there and said " ply help me Developed all the photo into R4 Size"

Last edited:
OO ok so if i shoot a photo then i wanted it to be R4 size, I need to use photo shop to convert the photo into R4 Size rite ?? or just simply go to the photo developing shop and pass the Thumb drive to the lady there and said " ply help me Developed all the photo into R4 Size"

So long as the base dimensions are the same, then the system will auto-resize to R4 for you.

I normally crop the picture on my computer before passing the file to the shop; I do this because the shop may not crop the picture to my liking.

I normally crop the picture on my computer before passing the file to the shop; I do this because the shop may not crop the picture to my liking.

That's assuming your picture is not of the correct base dimensions. ;)

So you mean that if you want to have a 100% R4 size photo you usually will Crop it at home using Photoshop or other Photo editor application, then you send it for developing ?

Last edited:
That's assuming your picture is not of the correct base dimensions. ;)

Rash u mention about the correct base dimension, actually what is that mean ?? i know that R4 size is 102mm vertical and 152mm horizontal. so how i know whether my picture iziit correct base dimension if i yet to crop it??

Last edited:
Rash u mention about the correct base dimension, actually what is that mean ?? i know that R4 size is 102mm vertical and 152mm horizontal. so how i know whether my picture iziit correct base dimension if i yet to crop it??
its call aspect ratio.

sorry . . . it should be called 4R and not R4 . . . :)

just bring your thumbdrive and ask the lady at the shop to print or just use the machine . . .

OoOo 4:3 rite ??? but how i know my photo aspect ratio is 4:3 ??

how to know?? just shoot and you will know...

some camera you can opt to change the aspect ratio.. some are fixed..

is ur pic normal photo look or more rectangular? this is as simple as i would say it i guess...

how to know?? just shoot and you will know...

some camera you can opt to change the aspect ratio.. some are fixed..

is ur pic normal photo look or more rectangular? this is as simple as i would say it i guess...

OK .... abit Blur But nvm i go develop a few photo and See See thank anyway :)

Wow very difficult to under stand, Catchlights got any web-site for me to refer??

It's Primary 3 maths...

your camera max pixel size is x 3168 x 4752 , 4R is 4"by 6", both are 2:3 isn't it?
3168 : 4752 ====> 4:6 =====> 2:3

3168/4752 = 0.6666666 = 2/3.

(so back to Primary 3 maths... 3168/2 = 1584. So now 4752/1584 = 3. Bingo, it's 2/3)

4r = 4/6 = 0.666666 = 2/3

In other words, your base factor/dimensions/aspect ratio is 2/3 so just send and develop.

Last edited: