Enquiry about dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyguy

Feb 20, 2007
North
hi all, i still quite new to the equipment stuff of a camera and find it rather difficult to find information about it thus i decided to post the question here:

qn 1) Is there any maintenance required when we are using a dry cabinet? (eg. change dissicant, or clean filter etc which i'm not sure either)

qn 2) Where would be the recommended place to buy dry cabinet? i heard alot about digi-cab but would like to heard more =)

qn 3) Was planning to get a lumix FZ18 or FZ50 thus was thinking i may need only a 30L dry cabinet, but 50L have free delivery, so why not get a bigger one... so since if i got a bigger dry cabinet, is it ok to put len or camera that got fungus together with my new camera in the same dry cabinet???

qn 4) where would be the best place to buy FZ18 or FZ50?

thank you, for ur time and ur suggestion is really deeply appreciated.. =)

me too looking for a dry cabinet just nice to store my D60 and Sony video cam.:cool: Any expert out there willing to share their experience which dry cabinet is recommended?

qn 1) Is there any maintenance required when we are using a dry cabinet? (eg. change dissicant, or clean filter etc which i'm not sure either)
Don need...

qn 2) Where would be the recommended place to buy dry cabinet? i heard alot about digi-cab but would like to heard more =)
You can check out digi-cabi website... It provides free delivery depends on the price/model. Cathay also selling another brand... What i got is digi-cabi from carrefour cash-n-carry and so far so good...

qn 3) Was planning to get a lumix FZ18 or FZ50 thus was thinking i may need only a 30L dry cabinet, but 50L have free delivery, so why not get a bigger one... so since if i got a bigger dry cabinet, is it ok to put len or camera that got fungus together with my new camera in the same dry cabinet???
This question relates to science more. LolZ not sure fungus spread or not. I cant ans this...

Any where that provides the best service and price :bsmilie:

You can request an e-quote from MS, AP and CP for the pricing of these 2 camera. :D

fungus spread by spores rite? so, if in the same enclosed space, shud be able to spread, but whether they can grow in the dry environment, nt sure :dunno: ... experts?

spores is everywhere, in the air you breath, your camera and lenses has spores lend on it at the moment they leave the factories.

so when you put camera and lenses in dry cabinet, fungus very hard to grow.

hi all, i still quite new to the equipment stuff of a camera and find it rather difficult to find information about it thus i decided to post the question here:

thank you, for ur time and ur suggestion is really deeply appreciated.. =)

Qn 1. No maintanance is needed for dry cabinet. The drying unit normally comes with a 5 year warranty.

Qn 2. This I am not too sure. I got my Value brand dry cabinet from the e-store at www.rodex.com/estore

Qn 3. Based on my knowledge, the fungus that already afflicted your old camera lens will not attack your new camera lens. Its ok to put inside, but bear in mind that the fungus have already ate into your old lens, and the dry cabinet only prevents further growth, but not eliminate it. :)

Qn 4. I bought my D60 from Harvey Norman. I not too sure. My apologies that i can't help much here. :)

hmm... thanks for all ur reply i guess i won't be putting my dad old slr with fungus or algae in the dry cabinet

anyway, wat about qn 4... anyone got suggestion where to buy?... i hate to go simlim sometime, the staff is very unfriendly but the price is cheaper then havey nomad...-_-"

ok nvm... i think i agar agar know where le... gonna buy it during june break bah

hmm... thanks for all ur reply i guess i won't be putting my dad old slr with fungus or algae in the dry cabinet

anyway, wat about qn 4... anyone got suggestion where to buy?... i hate to go simlim sometime, the staff is very unfriendly but the price is cheaper then havey nomad...-_-"

How about cleaning the old cam before putting it in? As other said before: a dry cabinet only stops further growth but won't remove fungus. The spores are able to survive for years and start growing once they find suitable conditions: warmth and humidity. If you want to keep the old cam it's a good thing to keep it clean.
Just dropped by MS Colours in AMK. They sell 30l and 50l dry boxes and the staff is really friendly. In SL I can only recommend Alan Phote (level 1) or Orient Phote (level 6). Much is said about the attitude of the other shops, don't need to warm up again here. Have a look at the hardware section of Canon and Nikon, there is a list of reputable shops. Just focus on those.

in the forum is see name like op, ap and cathay... anyone can let me know where excatly is the location... like i heard OP and AP is at simlim but there like got alot sia... haha... hope to get some help here... thanks

Check the Canon Photo Camera Lenses Price Guide here. At the end you can find the list of reputable shops and their location. Mind that Alan Photo in Funan has relocated to level 2.

A 30 litre dry cabinet from MS Color sells for about S$105-S$109, and you can store 2 bodies, and about 4-6 lenses (depending on their size obviously, but approx the size of a mid range zoom). Definitely worth the investment, to protect your other investments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.