Enquiries for shops that sell vintage lens

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
Hi, I am into old lens (1960-1990s) era of lens. And is wondering (other than CS's B&S and ebay), is there other shops in Singapore that actually sell these lens? This is because I would like to test up the lens before buying it and normally for ebay, you can't do it... while I trust all CSers but you do not carry all the lens that I can tested one by one at a go.

Appreciate your help in this.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Try the usual shops around the Peninsula area.

I'm sure if you provided more details, or at least the camera format which the lenses are for, or particular brands/models, members here can offer more focused advise. Apparently a few are quite into manual focus lenses and/or rangefinders, medium format and a small group of large format and exotic offerings like adapter cinematic or even CCTV lenses, probably more for four thirds use. :)

CHEERS!

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
Try the usual shops around the Peninsula area.

I'm sure if you provided more details, or at least the camera format which the lenses are for, or particular brands/models, members here can offer more focused advise. Apparently a few are quite into manual focus lenses and/or rangefinders, medium format and a small group of large format and exotic offerings like adapter cinematic or even CCTV lenses, probably more for four thirds use. :)

CHEERS!
Thanks for the advise.

Actually I am into old Russian Lens such as the Tair, Jupiter, etc. I do not mind Japanese brand either - Tokina and Vivitar. I did saw a couple on sale in the B&S section, but they are all put on sale by different people, and it would be a drag to visit every one of them just to test up before committing to buy.

Anyway, first thing first, I am looking at manual telelens... maybe samyang or Tair would do fine... but not mirror lens though.

Top Bottom