enough of cte,jam end up paying higher ERP!!

legiz

Apr 17, 2006
I am thinking what is it so unfair after paying so
much for the erp 2-3 (1 and 2nd gantry just a few hundred
metres away - this is not really fair for people
staying in north!! )gantries before
reaching town area office, coming home also need
to pay stupid erp, cte problem not solved !
end up paying ridiculously higher rates due to
someone 's accident, cte is already very slow moving without
accident . just what is LTA doing??

Welcome to $ingapore. I got thos feeling that this island will sink due to high population, more tunnels n building been build. Can tell from the flood, obviously it's a sign of doom!

Drive got problems ... Road jams, ERPs, Carpark...
Ride subways got problems ... Packed, Breakdowns...
Take Buses got problems ... Packed, infrequent and irregular ...
Cycle got problems ... no designated paths, no bicycle parks ...
Walk got problems ... No time ...

Welcome to my world ... Singapore ...

All the road-use fees like ERP impact areas further from the city the most. i.e., if you work in the city area and live in the extreme ends of Singapore, you will be the worst hit.

While ERP (in)effectively regulates vehicular traffic, it has another unintended result: it makes certain areas less desirable to live, especially if you have to commute to the city often. KPE and ECP not so severe correct? It's the folks along CTE (especially Bishan and northwards) that get the short end of the stick.

In the long run, city and fringe areas wil continue to appreciate in property prices.... while prices along CTE will adjust accordingly.

Not really true. Horrible driving skills of Singaporeans are another factor for jams. Lesser tailgating, reckless overtaking, lane changing etc will result in smoother traffic and lesser accidents

i have solution: raise COE to one million, so we can pay more for our ministers, i think their million dollar annual salary is just too low, so we must raise it to attract talents.. i suggest raising their salary to USD 100 million per year.

if COE raised to 1 million , then lesser cars.. so no problem..

and yes, the road is built using all your tax money and if you can't pay for COE, u cannot enjoy it.

So where are you when you are taking the buses and taxis, or hitching a ride with your friend's car?

ballot system is more fair cmopared to COE

now walk also jam...... job in park also jam, best set up ERP in all parks, when we walk, we pay.... then all money taken pay for more minister. i bet sooner or later all singaporeans need to have gantry control, and all parks have traffic control.

ballot system is more fair cmopared to COE

I don't think the statement above has any link to the earlier statement made about non-enjoyment of roads without paying for COE.

Just pointing out something which didn't seem logical to me. Hope that's fine. Cheers.

sfoto100 said:
i have solution: raise COE to one million, so we can pay more for our ministers, i think their million dollar annual salary is just too low, so we must raise it to attract talents.. i suggest raising their salary to USD 100 million per year.

if COE raised to 1 million , then lesser cars.. so no problem..

and yes, the road is built using all your tax money and if you can't pay for COE, u cannot enjoy it.

Your comments make our education system look bad.

Thought process. Raising COE to an enormous amount will make more people complain. Also, the car imports will suffer and that industry will see many people out of jobs due to lack of demand. Not just in Singapore mind you.

There's a whole other buncha stuff following but i'm sure your myopic viewpoint doesn't allow you to comprehend the other matters.

And now I wonder why singaporeans have such a narrow mind. They don't seem to be able to see things from a bigger vantage point

edutilos- said:
I don't think the statement above has any link to the earlier statement made about non-enjoyment of roads without paying for COE.

Just pointing out something which didn't seem logical to me. Hope that's fine. Cheers.

??? I replying to u..

what LTA does now is to use economic principle to sort out eligible driver/owner.
if we take this approach to solve traffic jam problem, it will end up with higher COE and/or ERP.
basically you are competing with other driver with your $$ :bsmilie:
its hard to define what is fair for everyone.
If i'm the minister of transportation, I'll just ban all private cars.. :bsmilie:

Not really true. Horrible driving skills of Singaporeans are another factor for jams. Lesser tailgating, reckless overtaking, lane changing etc will result in smoother traffic and lesser accidents

True but not 100% s'porean la... If you notice, foreigners take up a substantial amount on our roads these days. It's also so simple to see a commercial vehicle on the 1st lane of expressway these days. I don't remember seeing that 10 years ago. :confused:

what LTA does now is to use economic principle to sort out eligible driver/owner.
if we take this approach to solve traffic jam problem, it will end up with higher COE and/or ERP.
basically you are competing with other driver with your $$ :bsmilie:
its hard to define what is fair for everyone.
If i'm the minister of transportation, I'll just ban all private cars.. :bsmilie:

lol no matter how high the COE is, cars will still be sold especially with the continuing imports of rich foreigners. if you ban cars, then you'll be sack the following day lol :p wonder how much duties they collected from the importation of cars???

i wonder how is the money collected from ERP used to improve road or transport conditions...

besides collecting revenue what else did they do to ease traffic on cte?
introducing NSE only now? after collecting money so many years?
nowadays every day jam from exit link to Pie
up to tunnel
u stucked there for at least 10-15 mins!

Building more expressways and roads WILL NOT solve the problems. Building an efficient transportation system is the one and only way to go. A quick fix will be to convert one lane of all the expressways into train tracks and integrate them into the mrt system. Now those who drive can pay more ERP and those who need not drive or cannot afford to drive will have an efficient people mover system to rely on. LTA need only to lay the tracks and build stations; much cheaper than building new viaducts and tunnels... Our expressway can easily accommodate loss of one lane and get an efficient and effective people in double-quick time.

??? I replying to u..
Ok, just assume I'm too dense, and help to explain why the discussion of having a ballot system versus COE has anything to do with the previous statement that one can only enjoy the roads when one has paid for COE (and thus have a personal vehicle of some form). I really don't see the link.

Ok, just assume I'm too dense, and help to explain why the discussion of having a ballot system versus COE has anything to do with the previous statement that one can only enjoy the roads when one has paid for COE (and thus have a personal vehicle of some form). I really don't see the link.

if you own a car, don't you use the road more than those who don't? If instead of COE, ballot is use, then car won't be only for the more well off.