enlisting veri soon.. wat to bring? any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpower

Feb 1, 2004
Jurong West
hi, i'm enlisting veri soon in 2 weeks time.. wil miss my minolta camera :bheart:
wanna ask wat to bring in besides those normal stuffs listed?
thanx guys ;)

Buy extra ARMY singlet...if rain sure not euff to wear.

dun worry lah...wait til the first bookout or parents visiting day u will know wat u r lack of. Not sure if hp is allowed, bring hp and charger and phone cards mayb...

good luck to u! and always try to make urself comfortable in army..cos u r "temporarily"
out of the civilisation world :)

1. Black Marker Pens... bring a few... mark everything you own with your name.
2. instant camera... after consulting with PC 1st
3. your own insect repellent.... SAF version is very skin unfriendly...
4. facial wash & liquid soap. (leave the one they give you for inspection)
5. torch lite.... tactiacal color. Black. SAF torch cannot make it. L torch also cannot make it.

photos of your gf or family. Wil feel less home sick...

Bring a bit of cash also, so that you may be able to get whatever you'd forgotten to bring in, if your coy actually allowed you to have a canteen break. :)

The_Cheat said:
Bring a bit of cash also, so that you may be able to get whatever you'd forgotten to bring in, if your coy actually allowed you to have a canteen break. :)

eh... did you had a lot of canteen break. i only ever had it twice.
How are you doing now?

zekai said:
eh... did you had a lot of canteen break. i only ever had it twice.
How are you doing now?

Hmm... do I know you!? :think:

Bring black electrical tape...

Actually the most important thing to bring is a good attitude.. if you dread it, then you won't enjoy it. Take all the training as fun no matter how horrible it may seem. No matter how bad, exercise will always CUT.

Try to get into the more fun units like commandos and guards. Army may be tough at times, but it builds character. Its an education like no other.

enjoy it.. thats the most important.. if it does not kill you, it only makes you stronger.

fun will get you killed.

kjmedora said:
Try to get into the more fun units like commandos and guards. Army may be tough at times, but it builds character. Its an education like no other.

enjoy it.. thats the most important.. if it does not kill you, it only makes you stronger.

kjmedora said:

Actually the most important thing to bring is a good attitude.. if you dread it, then you won't enjoy it. Take all the training as fun no matter how horrible it may seem. No matter how bad, exercise will always CUT.

Yah..hey man I like ur quote! Yah it do build up your character and in future when u work this correct attitude will bring u far. :)

hey thanx guys... hmm.... i am not dreadful abt NS... ;) thanx alot

kjmedora said:

I think the system is still the same. If you are going into CDOs or Guards, NDU etc, it will be pre-determined already, with all the vocational assignment going on way before his enlistment date.

But P.Tekong is a nice place to be in too. Chalet, and lots of welfare, though I do agree being in tougher units really builds the character in oneself, not to mention the "fun" times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.