Enlisting this Sat! Impt question to ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle

Sep 10, 2003
the big question is......

should i shave my head before i enlist or go through the "ritual" and risk a hastily done cut that's out of shape? next week im booking out for graduation, dun wanna go back to school looking like got weed sticking outta my head leh. :bsmilie:

coming from a ex-bmtc officer

u shd shave before u go in. esp if ur in direct enhanced batch
not because u look better. but because it will save u alot time since u dun have to waste time waiting for ur haircut.

and u can go pack ur cupboard, change ur uniform etc.

have fun on the sunny island of tekong!

wow...good for u bro! serve the nation well! enjoy the whole ns experience!! i am sure its something u will not forget..haha... 2 years will be over very soon...

"hastily done cut that's out of shape" ...Well... my opinion is that it makes no difference whether u shave outside or not... if they dun like the length of ur hair.. they will still make you shave when u enlist... haha.. and when u use a shaver to basically just go through the whole head.. how "out of shape" could the hair be?:bsmilie:

i've got plenty of friends who cut theirs before they went in. however i feel u won't get the full 'experience' if you don't let them cut your hair, hahaha... nobody will bother whether your hair is in shape or not, seriously...

Now mostly one for all all for one :bsmilie: go back as a group...

They will still want the $2 though, just trim a little bit :bsmilie:

Ha Ha, All the best for the next 2 years!!!

Don't bring in your camera to tekong ah :cool:

wainism said:
coming from a ex-bmtc officer

u shd shave before u go in. esp if ur in direct enhanced batch
not because u look better. but because it will save u alot time since u dun have to waste time waiting for ur haircut.

and u can go pack ur cupboard, change ur uniform etc.

have fun on the sunny island of tekong!

ah... dunno man. back at my time, there were guys who shaved their heads b4 going in... and when the sgts saw them, they were singled out for a 'special' shave by the tekong barbers... :sweat:

from my experience (many many years ago)... if you're trying to shave first to make sure that you still look "nice nice", you might be wasting your time and money - because if it is "not up to standard", they'll still make you shave again to army "standard" cut.

but it's an experience, waiting in line, and discovering all sorts of new shapes and sizes!! :bsmilie:

my camp is mono intake

i cut "2 by 1" before i going in.... go in liao still must go TRY cut "2 by 1" again.... cos they treat us like little pups... cannot leave one or two in the bunk.... all must go in one group... cut hair means all must go [my camp got high suicidal and accident risk i think]

anyway my batch use to think that the people who cut "2 by 1" before enlisting is very garang... hahahaha

Everything should be done together, just wait to get cut together with your platoon mates.

Well, I'd cut 2 by 1 juz 1 day before my enlistment. Basically I siam-ed for that horrible haircut and spent my time in the bunk trying to get used to the life around me.

just cut your hair short, so that

1. the barber won't try funny things with your hair
2. a normal haircut when you go in means you are normal, so no "special" treatment
3. it is easier for the barber to give you a good botak head
4. you make friends while waiting in line
5. you get the full experience of NS

btw I served many many moon ago, so it might be different

just go in n cut lor. Don need to be so eager to be botak lar. keke.

You're going to be a soldier, and you're worried if you look good with a botak look?....sheesshhh.

save your money and let them cut for you. worst case if really look out of shape then get that sorted out when you are out for your first weekend.

All botak look the same what. So don't worry so much. After the haircut,you can't recognise anyone. That's why they put nametags on the uniform. If your cohort also got many going for BMT, then you all look the same at your graduation photo anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.