Enjoy all to myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hi,

I took this shot with the thought of showing how the toddler enjoys his drink all to himself. After I took the shot, I tried to re-shoot with landscape format thinking that if I can capture where he is looking will be better....however, the same gesture never shows up again:( .

After looking at the pic for some time, I think the portrait format is also good, as it shows the depth of the place, to emphasize the "alone" element of the toddler....

Please comment does it work, or is landscape still better? Or any other composition is better. Feel free to comment on other aspects too.

564925437_60a376f010.jpg

TIA.:D

Well, both orientation has it's merits. But as it is with the portrait orientation, the toddler currently seems to be staring in blank air. There isn't anything to lead his gaze to. This can help with your theme of enjoying all to myself, bu I was thinking that it would be better if he was with other subjects and still enjoying the drink by himself.

Also the exposure of the top of the cup seems a lil over.

Just my 2 cts.

Hi zac, thanks for your comment.:) Like your comment, although my first tot after taking the shot was landscape, after looking for a while I had this feeling that both orientations have their own merits...This frame was taken with portrait because I was stuck in between tables all around me and I can move about with other people around me and I was using a 50mm lens:( . By the time the other table clears out, the moment is gone....:eek:

Yah, the top was over, becos of the light reflection from the light above.....by the way, if you were to expose this pic, will you do a -EV to prevent the cover from being over and let the rest go "under"? Just asking as a reference on how you guys handle such situation....:)

Thanks!

Well, both orientation has it's merits. But as it is with the portrait orientation, the toddler currently seems to be staring in blank air. There isn't anything to lead his gaze to. This can help with your theme of enjoying all to myself, bu I was thinking that it would be better if he was with other subjects and still enjoying the drink by himself.

Also the exposure of the top of the cup seems a lil over.

Just my 2 cts.

It all depends on the subject you're after. In this case, I guess I'll let the rest go under to save the highlights there a lil... more so to balance out I guess.... And the boy is sufficiently illuminated that even if you drop the EV, he won't be too much under.

But if exposure on the boy is already under, then I'll leave the pic as it is.

Ok. Thanks.

It all depends on the subject you're after. In this case, I guess I'll let the rest go under to save the highlights there a lil... more so to balance out I guess.... And the boy is sufficiently illuminated that even if you drop the EV, he won't be too much under.

But if exposure on the boy is already under, then I'll leave the pic as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.