England First lost under McClaren!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germans under klinsman were fantastic during world cup esp during the opening match. I was shocked to see the speed and one touches football they play.. :eek: I felt its not the unity but their playing style. Can't see any unity between their goalie. They are just paying lip service in their praises for each other as they progressed further during the WC.

As it got to the later stages, the manager adopted a more conservative system (defence minded) and it really killed off their initial attacking style.

the germany now is quite different from the germany during the WC. unity is what i see.
no star names, no star treatment.

very mediocre but very efficient.

:bigeyes:

Why do you think its always the manager's fault ?

England will struggle under any manager.

i agree.
english doesnt seem to have much technical players. neither do they have a creative player that can give a defence splitting pass. combined that with their "england mentaliy"; (attack means crossing from flanks or gerrard/lampard anyhow whack from outside box) how to win? so predictable?!?!?!

unless the eng team can change their way of attacking, eng will struggle. but then again, i cant imagine england attacking through the centre, they just dun have the players with the ability to do that.

issit time to change the whole english youth system and train the players in a different way? why does all the eng players seems so "ordinary"? the only english player tat has hope, i would say is joe cole.

all the best 3 lions

the germany now is quite different from the germany during the WC. unity is what i see.

to me, germany has always been a united and very tactical playing side. :) their players are quite promising too...

During the WC, Germany played like the Dutch of old, and the Dutch played like the Germany we hate.

For goodness sake, why u want to bring back Robbie Fowler ?

There are so many forwards to consider.

Andy Johnson, Dean Ashton ( A player who I always buy when playing CM :bsmilie: Cheap and Good), Jemaine Defoe, theo walcot. Darrent Bent is strong, and good in the air. Much better than the beanpole crouch. Tat guy can't even score at club level regularly, his goals scored are all against lowly ranked countries. I cant forsee him scoring against a defence tight Italian team :sticktong

Rooney is a child. Reminisce of the young beckham but a uglier verison.

excuses. u should haf watched the game.

as i said, the ball was speeding towards robinson at 350KM/H. :thumbsup:
so blindingly fast, paul has no choice but to take a wild swing at it. :thumbsup:

Were we watching the same game?:) The ball wasn't that fast la!

Robinson would have done beter to try and control the ball first instead of taking wild swing at it.

Anyway, this makes a good training video for my son, who is keen to play goalie...or will he still be after watching it?;p

Kenny

Were we watching the same game?:) The ball wasn't that fast la!

Robinson would have done beter to try and control the ball first instead of taking wild swing at it.

Anyway, this makes a good training video for my son, who is keen to play goalie...or will he still be after watching it?;p

Kenny

yes, the ball was travelling at 350km/hr. tas y robinson took a wild swing and missed.

bet u can't 'feel' my sacarsm with regards to the 350km/h

Germans under klinsman were fantastic during world cup esp during the opening match. I was shocked to see the speed and one touches football they play.. :eek: I felt its not the unity but their playing style. Can't see any unity between their goalie. They are just paying lip service in their praises for each other as they progressed further during the WC.

As it got to the later stages, the manager adopted a more conservative system (defence minded) and it really killed off their initial attacking style.

Agreed the style made quite alot of difference from the old rugby style when Klinsman was a player to those nice one touch when klinsman is the manager!!!
Think the change to more defensive maybe dat time were lacking attacking players!;)

i agree.
english doesnt seem to have much technical players. neither do they have a creative player that can give a defence splitting pass. combined that with their "england mentaliy"; (attack means crossing from flanks or gerrard/lampard anyhow whack from outside box) how to win? so predictable?!?!?!

unless the eng team can change their way of attacking, eng will struggle. but then again, i cant imagine england attacking through the centre, they just dun have the players with the ability to do that.

issit time to change the whole english youth system and train the players in a different way? why does all the eng players seems so "ordinary"? the only english player tat has hope, i would say is joe cole.

all the best 3 lions

Typical english attacking style!

The youth system is that they all went to the Academies snice young, so many clubs with academy thus resulting in what they are nowadays. No Creativity No style!!!

Best is to demolish the Academies n change all to futsul or street soccer style to help them with their creative n soon we will see alot more defence spliting passes:bsmilie:

Typical english attacking style!

The youth system is that they all went to the Academies snice young, so many clubs with academy thus resulting in what they are nowadays. No Creativity No style!!!

Best is to demolish the Academies n change all to futsul or street soccer style to help them with their creative n soon we will see alot more defence spliting passes:bsmilie:

Hmm players wif defence splitting passes... only two I can remember who are well know for it in EPL are Alonso and Stevie Gerard.. :think: should be more.. cant rem

Good examples of street soccer styles would be Henry (Arsenal) & Ronaldino (Barca).

Henry's portfolio of goals is ridiculous and amazing, one would wonder wtf the goalies was doing. Goals from all sorts of angles, between legs of goalie, backheel, loop over, screamer from dunno how many yards away, unusual penalty kicks, freekicks, *Quick freekicks (haha always remember the one chelsea kenna, quick thinking from henry. I was laughing my head off went it flew past the stationary Petr Cech and into goal) :bsmilie:

Ronaldino: His dribbling skills tells it all. ;)

alonso make good passes with his vision etc, but i think gerrard is only good at distributing, not passes that break the defence...

alonso make good passes with his vision etc, but i think gerrard is only good at distributing, not passes that break the defence...

bergkamp was good at defence splitting passes IIRC...

england need to have more tricky and clever players like that.

bergkamp was good at defence splitting passes IIRC...

england need to have more tricky and clever players like that.

yes he was pretty good at that! his passes were beautiful.
unfortunately, he is a dutch. and yeah, england need some of these players....

and which XYZ manager will loudly declare that he is going to use the 3-5-2 formation before the match and letting the opponent know how to counter them?
::clap clap::
as if england's attacking play is not predictable enough!

Beckham is missed.Its time to bring him back in.

The first loss is a sooner or later thing.Plus we do know that the three Lions dont fail to disappoint.

Holland 1 England 1 Leading at half time! http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=195576&cc=5739
Once again proven england is not capable of international level!

only consulation is Rooney ended his international goal draught! Since netting in the win over Argentina, Rooney had waited 12 months to score his 12th England goal.:)

Holland 1 England 1 Leading at half time! http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=195576&cc=5739
Once again proven england is not capable of international level!

only consulation is Rooney ended his international goal draught! Since netting in the win over Argentina, Rooney had waited 12 months to score his 12th England goal.:)

1-1 not bad. considering they playing away. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.