Energizer e2 Lithium AAs Offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piper said:
Basically, you can have low-powered torchlight or high-powered ones. It depends on the type of bulbs (for incandescants). Krypton bulbs usually will have longer run-time, this is the 'not high drain' type of lights. Krypton bulbs gives "yellewish orangy beam". There is another type of bulb which will eats up your batteries like nobody business, these are bulbs that use xenon gas. Surefire torchlights is one of those that use xenon throughout its product line. See http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/16/sesent/00 . These xenon bulbs are damn bright and put out "white" beam but downside is run-time is low, typical run-time is only 1 hour on lithium batts, yes, lithium. These are the high-power, high drain light. Of cause there are also xenon mixed with halogen, long run-time xenon and other types of bulbs beside the 2 types mentioned here, but generally these are the 2 common types found in the market. For the LED scenerio, those 3mm and 5mm array flashlights are the most power saving and Luxeon V LED are the most power consuming LED but the brightest LED you can find.

Just to back that up, on just how fast SureFire lights can drain the batteries... more than often enough, the batteries in my SureFire M6 will go into thermal shutdown before they even deplete. (Most 123A Batteries have some sort of chemical thermal shutdown which prevents them from releasing anymore energy once they become too hot... it's a fail-safe to prevent them from exploding.)

The SureFire M6 [with the HOLA (High Output Lamp Assembly)] drains six 123A Lithium batteries in... 20 Minutes. [Typically thermal shutdown will activate after 10-15 minutes of constant-on (do note that different brands of 123A batteries have different levels of tolerance until the thermal shutdown is activated)].

Entrope said:
Just to back that up, on just how fast SureFire lights can drain the batteries... more than often enough, the batteries in my SureFire M6 will go into thermal shutdown before they even deplete. (Most 123A Batteries have some sort of chemical thermal shutdown which prevents them from releasing anymore energy once they become too hot... it's a fail-safe to prevent them from exploding.)

The SureFire M6 [with the HOLA (High Output Lamp Assembly)] drains six 123A Lithium batteries in... 20 Minutes. [Typically thermal shutdown will activate after 10-15 minutes of constant-on (do note that different brands of 123A batteries have different levels of tolerance until the thermal shutdown is activated)].

Wow! You have got the "King of the Hill" too...haha. Did you purchase it locally or oversea? I got it oversea because it is much cheaper. And I did "age" my M6 bulb too and the stange thing is I did not ever experience any thermal shutdown, and I ma not the only one, some guys in CPF did mentioned they don't expereince thermal shutdown at all. Haha.

Hey, did you get your M6 in LOLA and HOLA bulbs or 2 HOLA bulbs?

Piper said:
Wow! You have got the "King of the Hill" too...haha. Did you purchase it locally or oversea? I got it oversea because it is much cheaper. And I did "age" my M6 bulb too and the stange thing is I did not ever experience any thermal shutdown, and I ma not the only one, some guys in CPF did mentioned they don't expereince thermal shutdown at all. Haha.

Hey, did you get your M6 in LOLA and HOLA bulbs or 2 HOLA bulbs?
I guess it depends which batteries you use and what your ambient temperature is like. I've had several runs without any thermal shutdown... but they occur often enough for me to take notice.

Mine was from overseas, and it came with two HOLA bulbs since SureFire was supposedly out of stock of the LOLA (while I personally think it's an evil marketting strategy to get people to drain more batteries).

Entrope said:
I guess it depends which batteries you use and what your ambient temperature is like. I've had several runs without any thermal shutdown... but they occur often enough for me to take notice.

Mine was from overseas, and it came with two HOLA bulbs since SureFire was supposedly out of stock of the LOLA (while I personally think it's an evil marketting strategy to get people to drain more batteries).

Hmm... I never had any thermal shutdown with my M6 even throughout the 20 mins runtime using Enerziger lithium. As for the LOLA, it is not because SF wants to make you drian more batteries, but there is an issue with the MN20 LA, I heard from CPFers is that some MN20 exploded, and last I heard from the local retailer is SF is fixing the issue. But for me, why the LOLA, I prefer the HOLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.