Eneloop vs Powerex 2700

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmax

Mar 7, 2006
Hi

I'm been disappointed with my Sanyo 2500mAh batteries self-discharge within 1 or 2 days to total flat. :cry:

Anyone has any experience to share regarding Eneloop or Powerex 2700 batteries? Kindly share with me.

Thanks! :)

I will NEVER get NiMH batteries again.

timmax said:
Hi

I'm been disappointed with my Sanyo 2500mAh batteries self-discharge within 1 or 2 days to total flat. :cry:

Anyone has any experience to share regarding Eneloop or Powerex 2700 batteries? Kindly share with me.

i think almost all ni-mh batteries discharge very fast, if you are not a frequent user, eneloop would be a better choice since you don have to keep recharging. but power wise, it might not be as high as powerex.

ExplorerZ said:
i think almost all ni-mh batteries discharge very fast, if you are not a frequent user, eneloop would be a better choice since you don have to keep recharging. but power wise, it might not be as high as powerex.

Jus wondering how fast is Powerex 2700 self-discharge, I find Sanyo 2300 is much better than 2500. And heard that Eneloop self-discharge is very low.

ExplorerZ said:

guess i hav to change my whole lot of batts to enelope.. :sweat:

Just tested my powerex 2700 still firing up fast & strong since I last charged 2 weeks ago.

dominator said:
Just tested my powerex 2700 still firing up fast & strong since I last charged 2 weeks ago.

I agree, same here. And I have had problems with the rest, Powerex so far no problems. So Furthermore, it's approach to charging is very logical, soft charging, reconditioning, etc. Read more at their website ... I guess it's all valid then, as my experience so far with them has been excellent.

i use energizer nimh and it is s##t.

I use Sanyo fast charger for Powerex 2700, any issue?

Powerex is good. Am currently using about 20+ pieces of it. Rockz!!!

VR2 said:
guess i hav to change my whole lot of batts to enelope.. :sweat:

haha same here... tot or replacing my batt to eveloop since im not a frequent user of flash as well... its better to keep eveloop in bag and just use when needed rather than to charge powerex ever week before any outing

timmax said:
Hi

im also using 2500MAH, do not have self discharge problem like urs.
can i be the charger u are using?? mine is the recondition charger(discharge the bty & charge them)

Im also using powerex 2700 & energizer 2500 with this charger, no self discharge problem.

Most of the time i leave my bty in the flash for 1 or 2 weeks, nvr ever take it our until the next time i use it. it bty flat then change again with fresh ones.

Cheers

eneloop flash recycling times abit slower than my GP 2700s. but when i didn't touch them for 1 month & realised that they were still @ full power..i decided to keep them!

ExplorerZ said:
haha same here... tot or replacing my batt to eveloop since im not a frequent user of flash as well... its better to keep eveloop in bag and just use when needed rather than to charge powerex ever week before any outing

How come need to charge before any outing?

FZ5owner said:
im also using 2500MAH, do not have self discharge problem like urs.
can i be the charger u are using?? mine is the recondition charger(discharge the bty & charge them)

Im also using powerex 2700 & energizer 2500 with this charger, no self discharge problem.

Most of the time i leave my bty in the flash for 1 or 2 weeks, nvr ever take it our until the next time i use it. it bty flat then change again with fresh ones.

Cheers

I'm using Maha Powerex MH-C401FS charger, slow charge most of time. Still the same leh. Any advice? :cry:

timmax said:
I'm using Maha Powerex MH-C401FS charger, slow charge most of time. Still the same leh. Any advice? :cry:

Then try the Powerex batteries too, since you are already using their charger. Maybe they were made for each other. I think the price of the Powerex battery set is competitive.

timmax said:
Hi

Hv u gone for the free replacement by Sanyo as in:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=176864

renegade150 said:
eneloop flash recycling times abit slower than my GP 2700s...
Quoted from thw [http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=160420&page=2]
"...I just tested my newly acquired Eneloop batteries on the Canon 420EX flash.
In the tests, I noted the refresh times between firings and then took the average
of 3 values. For NiMH batteries, it is 5.85 sec and for Eneloop batteries, 5.15 sec.

Sorry, all that talk about Eneloop batteries being unsuitable for camera flash
is baseless as well..."

hi renegade150, may I ask, how much slower is the eneloop cp with GP2700?

According to "thw" whom I quoted from another thread, he tested and found
that the eneloop recycled slightly faster than his nimh batts.

dominator said:
How come need to charge before any outing?
normah nimh batt tends to lose quite a % of charges after weeks, sometimes after like about a mth without using, i tried using on my flash it works but after awhile like wanted to die... so might as well just charge incase not much power insdie.
most of the time i only carry 2 sets of nimh, if both set 1/2 dead 1/2 dead... then im the one who will be dead =x

Status
Not open for further replies.