End Of Contract Payout

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidbyte

Just want to seek some opinion regarding a scenerio which i encountered :

For those who are working on contact based jobs from outsourcing companies such as GMP, Manpower...etc. I am wondering usually at the end of the contact, do they pay out the 13th month? Or it's subjected to approval? Becoz when i started work about 4 years back in June 1999, i get my 13th month at the following June, for instance 2000. But then what happens when the renew the contract in April 2003 and it ends at April 2004, will i still be entitled the 13th month payout in April 2004 or a pro-rated amount since i started in June 1999 ?

acidbyte said:
Just want to seek some opinion regarding a scenerio which i encountered :

For those who are working on contact based jobs from outsourcing companies such as GMP, Manpower...etc. I am wondering usually at the end of the contact, do they pay out the 13th month? Or it's subjected to approval? Becoz when i started work about 4 years back in June 1999, i get my 13th month at the following June, for instance 2000. But then what happens when the renew the contract in April 2003 and it ends at April 2004, will i still be entitled the 13th month payout in April 2004 or a pro-rated amount since i started in June 1999 ?

It depend on what your contract state. Is it compulsory? Or is it depend on the company preformance? Now adays, even for perm job, there is no such thing as fix 13 month pay, not to mention bonus.

Before you sign anything on the dotted line you have to read the contract very carefully, does it state that you are entitled to 13 month pay? If yes, you have every reason to ask for it and if they dun give, you can sue them. If it did not mention, then it depend on company.

The best person is to ask your HR. We can only provide our view.

jimtong said:
It depend on what your contract state. Is it compulsory? Or is it depend on the company preformance? Now adays, even for perm job, there is no such thing as fix 13 month pay, not to mention bonus.

Before you sign anything on the dotted line you have to read the contract very carefully, does it state that you are entitled to 13 month pay? If yes, you have every reason to ask for it and if they dun give, you can sue them. If it did not mention, then it depend on company.

The best person is to ask your HR. We can only provide our view.

If it is contractual, ie. payable but not paid, the cheaper way is to approach Ministry of Manpower for assistance.

acidbyte said:
13th-month and other annual wage supplements or components are usually variable and discretionary, depending on whatever the company feels is financially justifiable, and should always be found in the contract you sign with whichever company you're working for, in the absence of which, there is no entitlement or claim that can be made. Check your contract. If its provided for in your contract, check the terms of the payout, whether its fixed, discretionary, or based on some quantifiable and identifiable basis (ie. profit, turnover, performance etc.). If it's provided for in some way, usually it is pro-rated to the months in the year you've been working if the payout is to be made at a specific date or on a specific event happening. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the terms of your contract.

Look at your contract, type out what you see there regarding 13th Month.

Different company, different contract, even different employees, same company... different contracts!

BTW since the contract end april 2004. Did the project go on or whole group of people dissolved/ join another project?

Status
Not open for further replies.