Encounter PhotoShop problems, can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenx

Mar 27, 2004
Hi, I am using PS7 to produce a magazine. So basically, I have to type words, attach pictures, etc, to make it look like a magazine. Below is what I encountered:

1) Open a New File under 'FILE'
2) Open a small size Jpeg file from desktop (Size: 184x184 pixels)
3) Drag the Jpeg file into the New file created in step 1
4) However, Jpeg file immidately become Black & White

Qn 1: Why will it become Black and White, any ways to maintain its colour?
Qn 2: Is there any ways or free softwares to convert the completed files in PS7 to PDF?

Thanks a million!!!

reno77 said:
When you open a new file is the Color Mode option in Grayscale ? If it is set to RGB.

Hi, thanks for your reply. If you are talking about the slider on the left hand side... Yup, mine is a grey silder. But how to change it to RGB? So after changing, will have 3 colour silders instead of the grey slider?

I mean this option
pshelp.jpg

reno77 said:
I mean this option
pshelp.jpg

YahOOOo... alright man. You are spot on! Thanks a lot!

Anyway, any chance that you also know how to convert them to pdf?? Haha...

Thanks again.

Hmm there's the pdf option in PSCS2 under file->save as. It says photoshop pdf so I'm not sure what version of adobe reader you need to open it.

Going to zzz now. Hope it solves your prb.
pshelp2.jpg

Silly me, should have check it out first. Yah... my reader able to open it.

Really thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

wenx said:
Hi, I am using PS7 to produce a magazine. So basically, I have to type words, attach pictures, etc, to make it look like a magazine. Below is what I encountered:

1) Open a New File under 'FILE'
2) Open a small size Jpeg file from desktop (Size: 184x184 pixels)
3) Drag the Jpeg file into the New file created in step 1
4) However, Jpeg file immidately become Black & White

Qn 1: Why will it become Black and White, any ways to maintain its colour?
Qn 2: Is there any ways or free softwares to convert the completed files in PS7 to PDF?

Thanks a million!!!

you are using PS to do the whole magazine? :bigeyes:

1. You need to be working in CMYK if you want to send your files for ColourSep.
2. You also need to have 300dpi resolution if your printed linescreen is 105 lpi
3. You need to create crop marks and registration marks
4. PS is NOT a page layout software, so use something else.

Can be done. Only thing is the individual files will get very huge and slow down your com.

Yah, I am using PS to do a mag. But relax... Its not for commercial purpose, just for project presentation. So using PS is sufficient enough. I am finishing it up soon. Ha...

Thanks to you guys huh! :bsmilie:

Anyone knows how to combine a few pdf. files into one singale pdf. file? Can't seems to find any option for that.

Oh, the acrobat needs to be purchase right? Any freeware to do the job? Thanks for the promt reply...

Actually, you can create multi page PDFs using Photoshop...can't remember since which version, but if you go to File/Automate/PDF Presentation you can select a bunch of PDF files and combine them into either a presentation or a multipage PDF...

Status
Not open for further replies.