EN-EL3e.. Made in China? or Fake

boyboy

Oct 15, 2007
I have an imported-from-USA D300 which comes with a Japan EN-EL3e. That works perfectly fine, in fact, I have only charged it once so far and shot over 2000 frames :thumbsup: (but I also use the MB-D10 grip)

I bought another EN-EL3e from Malaysia (my usual shop, Mee Too photo at Jusco Tebrau) which is Made in China. Charged it, stored it, and forgot about it.

Yesterday, I decided to swop the China battery to my main body and use my Japan battery in the battery grip, as I was charging my AA batts for the grip. The china battery registered low batt (unable to operate camera at all)

I tried the china batt in the grip, same issue. In fact, with china batt in the grip and japan batt in the body, it will still show low batt. Likewise for Japan batt in grip and china batt in body.

Take off the grip, insert japan batt, no problems. battery still about 70%.

The obvious way to go about doing this is to take the batt back to the shop and ask for replacement, and yes, I will do it on my next trip to JB.

However, I'd just wanna check whether any other brothers n sisters here have had such issues. I searched "EN-EL3e" on CS and google and didn't manage to find other similar problems though there were other D300/en-el3e issues

1) is that "Made-in-China" batt even Nikon original?

supposedly. it's got all the nikon stuff, nikon holograph on the box.

i'm not discounting the possibility it might be a very good imitation though. the printing on the battery is very marginally inferior to the japan batt. but that;s about it. manual and all look the real mccoy

i won't use 3rd party flashes and batteries. somehow i don;t trust such electronics yet. but i'm using a tamron as my main lens though.. LOL.

Went to do a check with my 3 pieces of EN-EL3e and they are all made in Japan. The first piece came with D200, the 2nd piece came with D300, and the 3rd piece bought locally.

Hmmm... Are there suppose to be Made in China EN-EL3e? :confused:

Well, you cant really expect quality from Made In China goods :bsmilie:

Hi

I went there yesterday to buy EN-EL3e too, The actual pricing on the box is $299.00 but she sold it for $ 150.00. Not sure it real or not..everything look real to me.:(

Hi

I went there yesterday to buy EN-EL3e too, The actual pricing on the box is $299.00 but she sold it for $ 150.00. Not sure it real or not..everything look real to me.:(

MYR$150 is about SGD$61.50. You can get them locally at around $60 to $65, so it might be better to just buy them locally. I read in one of the threads previously (can't remember where now) that someone even got it at $55.

I've checked my EN-EL3e that came with my D200 and it is made in Japan.

Some of us have bought the third party Camera Devices EN-EL3e battery from Eastgear and had to return them as one of the batch was faulty and gave false reading.

HTH.

Hi

ok, time to snap snap some picture to post up here... might be imitation.

MYR$150 is about SGD$61.50. You can get them locally at around $60 to $65, so it might be better to just buy them locally. I read in one of the threads previously (can't remember where now) that someone even got it at $55.

cool..

i bought it there because the MBD10 cost me only SGD290 from there. rather get my spare batt there instead of hunting all over the place to save another.. what? $5? ;) of course, this time i 'lost' the bet, but i think i'm just unlucky. it could happen if i got it from singapore as well.. so far the service from mee too is great though not everything is cheaper than in SG. i do cross-reference with the price guide on clubsnap! =)

got my tamron 17-50 F2.8 for abit over $600. marginally cheaper than here i think

anyway, even if it were the same price, i rather buy from there. it's actually more convenient for me than heading to the city or even to AMK :bsmilie:

the service is good, can catch a cheap movie and also enjoy cheap food. if i were to buy it in SG i'd kena ERP and jam and exhorbitant parking.

of course, i usually head north only when there's no jam. certainly not during the evening times

Last edited:
Hi

can u pls help me check if it's made in china or made in japan. does it work? ;)

anyway i'm heading back to change the batt but wanna try to find out abit more. maybe also test the batt on my fren's D200 but after my own "systematic" testing i'm pretty sure of my diagnosis :dunno:

Where to get it at $60-$65?

To TS: Both my batteries for D80 and D300 are made in Japan.

Where to get it at $60-$65?

To TS: Both my batteries for D80 and D300 are made in Japan.

Try AP-SLS, call and inquire first... u can also call the other major shops to get the pricing...

Better go back to the shop to find out....