Empty boat out at sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
279933327_f54819396e.jpg

Took this photo while vacationing in Penang, Malaysia. Did a little PS to straighten the horizon and some other digital touchups. What do you think?

if the boat's colours were more saturated OR just convert the image to Bnw and see the effects ? :think:

I think the photo is great, maybe increasing saturation a little bit more would do. :)
Did you burn/dodge the photo?
There's a strange, unnatural halo around the boat. Is it a natural occurrence?

I think the photo is great, maybe increasing saturation a little bit more would do. :)
Did you burn/dodge the photo?
There's a strange, unnatural halo around the boat. Is it a natural occurrence?

if the boat's colours were more saturated OR just convert the image to Bnw and see the effects ? :think:

Thanks for the input! I realized the saturation problem as well. Can any pro enlighten me how to achieve greater saturation of the colour of the boat? WIll try the B&W effect too.

As to answer xray, the halo is DEFINITELY NOT NATURAL! I did some PS to the photo, just wanted to bring out the subject. Was experimenting with some new PS techniques.

I feel like there's more water on the left side of the picture, try straigthen it a little bit more.. nevertheless, generally, the picture is o.k. to me.

try playing with curves in PS.
I prefer a portait shot, for this shot, using landscape, seem kind of cramp, esp when the sky is so grey..

Why not burn a little bit more on the area above the boat?
The halo looks rather artificial when it's such a huge area.

To increase saturation using PS, go to Levels, then find the three little arrows on the histogram. Play around with them. You'll find one that controls the black point and white point of your photo. These will help you gain contrast.

The Saturation controls (also under Menu > Image) will increase saturation.

try playing with curves in PS.
I prefer a portait shot, for this shot, using landscape, seem kind of cramp, esp when the sky is so grey..

Thanks bwilly for your comment. Actually I purposely shot it that cramp as there are other colour intrusion if I frame it wider either horizontally or vertically. I just wanted the boat against a monotonous background (grey sea and sky). Maybe that wasn't a very good subject isolation technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.